The Aries Full Moon on Thursday, 5 October only has one major aspect and that is an opposition to Mercury. Speaking our truth is a Major theme with this opposition of Mercury in people-pleasing Libra with the Moon at 12 degrees Aries. This could be a bit of a rebel rouser to some, depending on where in your chart it falls. The status quo may not feel as pleasant any more – especially if you have been hiding your true thoughts and feelings to keep the peace.
The Archangelic ruler of the Aries Full Moon is Camael, ruler of Mars. Camael is the warrior angel who can help us stand up for ourselves. The Tarot correspondences are The Emperor for Aries and The Tower for Mars.
Appropriate magick spells would be for courage, self-confidence, leadership, dealing with authority figures, starting any new innovative venture, increased speed, male libido, any health issues related to the head.
Red is the colour candle to be used and black pepper essential oil is a good scent for this fiery lunation. A good herb to incorporate in any spells or potions would be stinging nettle. Use red flowers and crystals for the altar and red ink for writing down your spell.
7 Ways to Make the Most of the Aries Full Moon
1. Assert your individuality – Have you been hiding your light under a bushel? Was fitting in more important than standing out? This may change today. Just see how you feel about it and consider if perhaps the world would be a better place if you really got stuck in using your unique gifts in more noticeable ways…
2. Assume leadership – It is time to step up to the plate. Not all of us are leaders of big corporations or organisations but we all have to assume a leadership role in different ways. Assess where you are called to lead and think about ways to make the most of this opportunity, for the Highest Good of All.
3. Speak your truth – Have you been more concerned about keeping the peace than making your voice heard? Now is a good time to remedy that. Say what is on your heart and mind without excuses or a need to justify why you don’t feel the same as everyone else. Show appreciation for others when they are frank with you in return.
4. Trail-blaze – Do something completely new just because it has never been done before. Add a splash of colour to the world around you by crushing the status quo. What have you been putting off because you’ve never seen it done before – or at least not where you live? Maybe this is just the sort of things that will help ignite the spark in other secret dreamers?
5. Wear a helmet – Aries is known to jump into things head first and head injuries do tend to happen, especially when the excitement of the Aries Full Moon gives us a sudden and unexpected need for speed.
6. Wear red – Red is the colour of Aries. Wearing the colour infuses us with all the Aries trademark qualities. Wear it as an accessory if it isn’t really your colour… and if your focus for this lunation is to infuse your life with more passion, why not get some red underwear?
7. Train hard – Aries has an excess of energy that tends to get restless without the ability to let off steam. Unless you have a physically demanding job, consider making your workout a bit more taxing than usual around the time of the Aries Full Moon to keep your irritability levels down.
Full Moon in Aries Tarot Spread
- A valuable aspect of my individuality that I have (unintentionally) hidden from the world
- What I fear might happen if I show my true self fully and let my light shine as brightly as possible
- Where I need more courage
- Where I need more speed
- What to expect when I begin to assert my individuality
Wishing you all a wonderful week and many blessings for the Full Moon in Aries!