The 2018 New Moon in Scorpio is on Wednesday, 7 November at 4 PM GMT. I made a Tarot spread for this lunation because it is a highly auspicious time for transformation and it would be totally remiss of me to ignore this opportunity to create big life changes.
In some instances, these changes are big enough for the term rebirth to be used. We can only hope and pray this is the result we get after the US midterm elections which should be decided on that day. The sextile of the New Moon to Pluto is promising for shifts that affect society.
On an individual level, thanks to a trine between the Mars in Aquarius and Venus in Libra, a lot of healing can take place where there has been a lack of harmony between feminine and masculine energy. Venus is still retrograde so introspection continues but this New Moon could bring a sweet spot along the journey where this inner healing work really starts to pay off.
This New Moon is also a great time to set the intent for anything you wish to manifest in your relationships/love life, provided the current Venus Rx has illuminated you with the clarity you need from within and you are willing to act on that inner guidance. Your core values may even have shifted and if this is the case, you must act to accommodate for that shift before you start any new process of manifestation.
The 2018 New Moon in Scorpio is also a good time to look at making career changes, with Jupiter trine the North Node in 0 degrees Leo. This is especially true for those of you wishing to manifest future fame and widespread recognition for your work.
Why the 2018 New Moon in Scorpio Has a Sting
This lunation, though highly auspicious in many ways, can still cause some pain or discomfort. The pain is likely to relate to old wounds and shame. With Scorpio aspects and events, we realise that we can run but we cannot hide. Change is forced upon us, whether we are ready or not, as depicted in the Tarot Death card for which Scorpio is the corresponding zodiac sign. If you have been hiding from any part of your past, hoping to avoid the consequences, you may feel the sting of the scorpion’s tail this New Moon.
We may not be able to avoid that sting completely but it will hurt a lot less if we embrace transformation and don’t shy away from facing our shadow.
2018 New Moon in Scorpio Tarot Spread
1. What is ending
2. Why it is ending
3. What is being born/reborn
4. What the transition will be like
5. What I need to do
6. What I need to embrace that is coming up for healing (this is the sting in the scorpion’s tail)
2018 New Moon in Scorpio Tarot Spread Sample Reading with the Luna Sol Tarot
1. What is ending – 6 of Cups. An old emotional attachment is ending.
2. Why it is ending – 3 of Cups. Lack of emotional affinity, reciprocity and true friendship.
3. What is being born/reborn – 2 of Cups. A reciprocal and intimate relationship.
4. What the transition will be like – 6 of Pentacles. An awareness of equality in input vs output.
5. What I need to do – 3 of Wands. Go out and find and meet some new people. Network.
6. What I need to embrace that is coming up for healing (this is the sting in the scorpion’s tail) – 8 of Swords. The consequences of times in the past when I didn’t know and/or speak my mind and had a lot of blinding toxicity in my life because of it.
It’s a pretty clear relationship focus for me on this New Moon… What’s the Tarot honing in on for you? Would love to hear about it in the comments!