The 2018 New Moon in Sagittarius is one to embrace with all the excitement and enthusiasm of someone who just graduated and now have a whole new life ahead of them. This is a lucky New Moon which brings back all the optimism about the future that might have gone missing during recent trials and tribulations.
If you want to know all the ins and outs of this lunation, I recommend watching Wonder Girl’s Sagittarius New Moon forecast on YouTube.
To sum things up: now is the time to reap the harvest of all the soul-searching we did in the past year or so while Jupiter was in Scorpio. Also look at where you were 2½ years ago when Saturn was at the exact point in the chart where this New Moon takes place. What you were hoping to achieve then? Now is the time to move toward those goals full steam.
First we had to be tested. First we had to cut out the deadwood in terms of everything in our lives that was holding us back, including (most definitely) our own habits and thought patterns.
The New Moon is all about new beginnings and Sagittarius is all about fresh new adventures and optimism. Allow this New Moon to energise you and don’t worry too much about not being able to plan every stop of the journey at this stage. You just need your proverbial passport (your sense of self and what lights you up) and you can set off on your next big adventure.
Many of us will come out of 2018 with much greater levels of self-awareness having done some serious work/graduated/reached the next level of initiation. It’s all this hard work which has brought you to this point, so well done!
For some of us this New Moon in Sagittarius will bring a reimagining of who we are to the very core. The great thing about this is that some of the things that used to feel impossible because of rigid ideas we had about ourselves and our potential will no longer hold true. We will be liberated from the curse/negativity of our own thoughts.
A stabilising sextile between Mars in Pisces and Saturn in Capricorn will help us set a steady course. There is no need to hesitate, even though Mars conjunct Neptune square the Sun and Moon can fuel some fears we have about the future. Feel the fear and do it anyway, my friends!
New Moon in Sagittarius 2018 Tarot Spread
1. Main reason for optimism – If a ‘negative’ card is showing here, this means that you have graduated from some bad situation and that you can now permanently leave this behind
2. Future pull – Thoughts of this fill you with excitement as this is something that aligns you more with your soul’s calling
3. What I am graduating from – This is something that’s happened within the last couple of years that really challenged you to grow, develop and become more true to yourself
4. Cancel and clear this fear – This is something that is making you hesitate. It could show your confidence levels, a tangible source of worry or something less tangible. Once you have identified how this could potentially hold you back from moving in the direction of your goals/desires, choose another card face up. The card you choose face up is the antidote to your fear/hesitation – A source of strength. Make this card your screensaver over the next couple of months.
5. Seize this opportunity – Shows you the next big opportunity that is coming your way that you simply must not miss out on. If this looks like a ‘negative’ card, it will nonetheless bring a shiny silver lining… so stay alert and optimistic!
Feel free to share your reading with the New Moon in Sagittarius 2018 Tarot spread either here below, in the comments, or on the Tarot Geekery FB group page.