Do you own a copy of Ciro Marchetti’s first Tarot deck, The Gilded Tarot Deck? If you do, I’m sure you love yours as much as I loved mine. In fact, I loved mine so much that I ended up giving away not one, but two copies. And as of last summer, I was Gilded-less but I had made two other people wanting to learn the Tarot very happy.
Not long after that, I heard that Ciro was coming out with a blinged out version of the Gilded Tarot, aptly named the Gilded Tarot Royale. So rather than getting a third copy of the original Gilded deck, I decided to wait. And wait, and wait… until it finally arrived in early May this year.
It exceeded my hopes and expectations by quite a bit. You can read all about my first impressions and the deck interview HERE.
Oh how I love the changes made to the original images as well as the lovely gilt edges on the cards… but best of all is the size. I’ll admit it. I have a thing for large decks. Bigger is usually better and in the case of the Royale, it really makes the images come alive and draw you in.
As I went for a walk along the river Swale last night, I decided that this deck needed its own spread, as befitting royalty. Voilá, the Gilded Tarot Spread:
|Gilded Tarot Royal – www.ciromarchetti.com – Click pic to enlarge|
1. An area of my life that could do with a bit of bling
2. How to do it
3. How it would change my life
1. Page of Wands is sex appeal. It’s true… I’ve let myself go a bit looks-wise. I’ve been too busy working and too tired to care about looks on my days off.
2. The King of Swords (Gemini) shows me that emphasising my Gemini rising traits would be a good move. The colours (blues and purples) in the card are actually my best colours. Blonde locks are very Gemini. Time to make an appointment to get my roots done. Gemini rules the arms, so toning the arms is another thing I can do. It also happens to be something I am doing in the 100 Push-ups challenge. Stretching to stay nimble and running (Gemini rules the lungs) to get my energy levels up are two other Gemini-esque things I can do to boost my sex appeal.
3. The Moon. This made me laugh. A bit of illusion certainly doesn’t hurt at my age! Let’s just make sure I don’t cross the line to delusion. I’ll never be 20 again but that’s no excuse to not make the most of what I’ve got!