The preparations for the inauguration of the 45 president of the United Stats of America are in full swing as this week draws to a close and we start pondering what may lie ahead. For those of you feeling angry or depressed about what is happening today, please see what divinely inspired words I was guided to share about what is happening now in my Daily Guidance post.
For the week ahead forecast, I once more visited the Bibliomancy section over at facade.com and ended up in the Old Testament book of Ecclesiastes, which is full of deep wisdom and which is where we get the famous saying ‘To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.’ (Chapter 3) I then pulled four cards to encircle the ancient wisdom text:
- The Self – What lessons you might learn about your personal growth and wellbeing
- The Home/Family Life – Likely events/challenges
- Close partnerships – Likely events/challenges
- Your calling/career – Likely events/challenges
Scripture passage for the week beginning 23 January:
I said to myself, “Come now, I will test you with pleasure to find out what is good.” But that also proved to be meaningless. “Laughter,” I said, “is madness. And what does pleasure accomplish?” I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly—my mind still guiding me with wisdom. I wanted to see what was good for people to do under the heavens during the few days of their lives.
– Ecclesiastes 2:1-3
This gives us a theme for the week ahead of searching deeply for meaning and perhaps feeling a bit dejected when we realise that the things we thought would bring us joy turn out to not be that important after all. I would encourage you to read the full chapter (or even the whole book of Ecclesiastes) for context.
The more spiritually aware we become, the more some of us struggle with the world around us. It seems like everyone else is on merry-go-round that we have fallen off. We know that our time here on earth is limited and that apart from loving kindness and divine service, very few things truly matter. Yet the world is gagging for more consumer products, bigger parties, faster cars… all the things which now are dust to us.
What is the key to happiness then? It is ancient wisdom that some have thought to capitalise on in modern times – mindfulness is big $$$. This is what it looks like in the Bible:
A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?
– Ecclesiastes 2:24-25
When we realise that everything we put our mind and hand to is sanctified when done with awareness of the divine, living presence in all things, we find peace and contentment. We may not understand everything that is happening but we don’t need to because we trust that we, and everything around us, are in God’s hands.
The Tarot Reading for the Week Ahead
- The Self – Ace of Pentacles. Your physical wellbeing is important now. This is a good time to start taking better care of yourself and perhaps try a new, healthy diet and/or a new exercise regime. Invest in your health and wellbeing.
- The Home/Family Life – 9 of Pentacles. Next week is good for taking stock of your surroundings and see what can be done to bring more beauty and harmony to your home. Those of you who are single will probably feel quite happy that you have a lot of time to yourselves. Those of you who are coupled or part of large families may need to state clearly a need for a bit of me-time. Looking after your health and energy levels will create a win-win for everyone.
- Close partnerships – The Fool. When the Fool shows up here in the energy of the 7th House of close partnerships (and enemies), we do well to expect the unexpected. A loved one might act out of character or the relationship dynamic may suddenly change, without you quite understanding why. Go with the flow, be fully present and remember that love is patient. Knee-jerk reactions will get you nowhere and if you don’t like what you see, remember the wisdom of Ecclesiastes – this too shall pass!
- Your calling/career – 8 of Pentacles. This could very likely be one of those long, hard work weeks where you don’t feel you are making much progress. However, if you stay mindful and pay attention to detail, the end result will be excellent and could lead to some form of positive change, such as a pay raise or some form of recognition.
Many blessings for the week ahead!