“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”
~ Oscar Wilde
What is man’s primary motivation after survival? To reproduce. This drive is so strong that it completely overrides reasoning. If mankind was ruled by reasoning rather than its sex drive, we wouldn’t have an overpopulated planet. Simples. And anyone who was physically unable to reproduce would opt for adoption rather than IVF 100 times out of 100.
Our sex drive gives us vitality, a sense of wellbeing and power when it is unfettered. The latter this is precisely why those in power sought to fetter it… so that they would be able to control us through fear (first chakra/masculine sexuality) and guilt (second chakra/female sexuality).
The simple truth is you cannot be completely healed unless you are emotionally free and you cannot be emotionally free when your sexuality is enslaved/subjected to fear and guilt.
So how can we liberate ourselves sexually? By understanding that…
* Your body is yours and as long you do not hurt/harm another being, nobody can impose restrictions on how or with whom you express yourself sexually
* All religion is inherently flawed precisely because it disempowers people sexually
* You need to have sex regularly (sex with self counts too!) for your immune system to remain fully functioning
* Sexuality as portrayed by most porn is heavily flavoured with the fear and guilt mentioned above
* Tantra (sacred union) is the way forward for total healing and wellbeing
* There is nothing shameful about our naked bodies
* We need to teach our children to love and respect their bodies and stop talking about sex or certain body parts (bits? WTF?!) as dirty/naughty
* In Victorian times a woman who enjoyed sex was labeled clinically insane (this is only a few generations back, people!), so women are still especially prone to shaming (slut shaming, anyone?) if they happen to be healthy and actually really love to fuck
* We are moving away from a binary view of sexuality… You are not either male or female, straight or gay… there are a multitude of flavours out there and they are all OK
Do you struggle with loving your body and its drives/urges? You have probably been programmed to believe this is life-long struggle. You have been lied to. You can let go of the shame and guilt right here, right now. You can revisit past memories which make you blush with a new, compassionate understanding that you reacted a certain way to certain circumstances only because you were disempowered and now that you know better you can do better… and begin to simply ENJOY!
When I was a Physiotherapy student at the Karolinska University of Stockholm, Sweden, I had the pleasure of sitting through a lecture about our immune system. Apparently, research proves that people who have sex frequently have 30% higher immunoglobin levels than those who don’t. Our female Russian guest lecturer ended the the lecture with a smile, telling us all to go home and have a good orgasm.
We live in a day and age when we no longer need to worry about unwanted pregnancies or STI’s, provided the right precautions are taken… Welcome to the New ***Sexually Liberated*** Age!
And whatever you do, don’t believe a New Age prophet who doesn’t dance or who claims that being celibate/sexually abstinent ‘raises your vibration’!