The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.
Do you feel like there are not enough hours in the day? Are you struggling to stay focused on achieving your goals? Are you using excuses for not living the life you really want and procrastinating endlessly?
There is more truth in the saying ‘Early bird catches the worm’ than you might suspect. Many of the most successful people on the planet are extreme early risers (4.30-5.00 AM) but even if you get up just 30 minutes earlier than usual you can reap many of the same benefits. Here are 7 ways that you can make the rest of your day kick ass:
* Set the intention through a short (5-10 min) guided visualisation where you see your day going great and all your to-do’s being sorted brilliantly. You can find free guided visualisations on Spotify and YouTube. HERE is one example.
* Do a 10 minute yoga session or dance workout to ground and energise. There are hundreds of free exercise videos on YouTube. HERE is a lovely way to start your day with a gentle 10 minute yoga session and HERE is a fun ‘Brazilian Booty’ 10 minute workout.
* Write 500 words for your very rough ‘vomit draft’ – early mornings when you’re still half asleep are great for writing without over-editing yourself
* Greet and connect with Mother Nature. Breathing in the early morning air and listening to the pre-dawn bird song is pure magick. You also get a front row seat to the sunrise. Win-win!
* Do a lemon water mini cleanse/detox. This is an ancient Ayurvedic tradition that has numerous health benefits. Make sure to use pure spring water or filtered tap water. The water needs to be warm/body temperature for maximum health benefits.
* Dry brushing will make your skin glow and make you full of energy for the day ahead
* Barefoot earthing grounds and energises you, lowers your stress levels and improves circulation
You will get even more out of your new morning routines if you create a weekly schedule and get to bed rough the same time every night, allowing for a full 7-8 hours of quality sleep.
And here are 7 quotes to help inspire you to rise early:
“Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.”
~ Lemony Snicket
“The time just before dawn contains the most energy of all hours of the day. This has helped me become an early riser and an early doer…. When I wake to see that it’s light out already, I feel the world has started without me.”
~ Terri Guillemets
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
~ Benjamin Franklin
“Early rising not only gives us more life in the same number of years, but adds, likewise, to their number; and not only enables us to enjoy more of existence in the same time, but increases also the measure.”
~ Caleb C. Colton
“Life is too short,” she panicked, “I want more.” He nodded slowly, “Wake up earlier.”
~ Dr. SunWolf
“Morning is when the wick is lit. A flame ignited, the day delighted with heat and light, we start the fight for something more than before.”
~ Jeb Dickerson
“It is in the early morning hour that the unseen is seen, and that the far-off beauty and glory, vanquishing all their vagueness, move down upon us till they stand clear as crystal close over against the soul.”
~ Sarah Smiley