Later this week, we welcome a new beginning with the Scorpio New Moon. This is a time to decide which area we wish to transform and commit to doing just that. Even though the Moon is in its Fall in Scorpio, there is a lot of juice in this New Moon if we are willing to face our shadows and decide to not be easily put off by a bit of emotional (or other) discomfort.
It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
I chose the quote above to illustrate the temptation in times when the Scorpio energy is strong, to turn and focus on an enemy outside oneself. However, in truth, there is no other enemy than the enemy within. Working on self-control is always a worthy goal on the Scorpio New Moon.
You can find some useful tips for how to make the most of the Scorpio New Moon/Dark Moon in this article. Today’s offering is a simple Tarot Spread to help you find focus for this lunation and stay on target over the next few weeks.
The Scorpio New Moon is all about sex, transformation, and what we value most deeply/are addicted to/obsessed with.
Scorpio in the Tarot
In the Tarot, the Scorpio energy is most strongly concentrated in Arcanum XIII Death. Use this card as a contemplation point during the Dark Moon phase for what to needs to die/fall away from your life now, to make room for new blessings.
Scorpio New Moon Tarot Spread
- Where to best focus your energy during this lunar cycle
- What you have been too obsessed with
- Why this needs to fall away
- What letting go will make room for
- Why this is a good thing
- Do less of this to raise your mojo/magnetism levels
- Do more of this to raise your mojo/magnetism levels
Scorpio New Moon Sample Tarot Reading
- Where to best focus your energy during this lunar cycle – King of Cups: Time to focus on emotional self-mastery, compassion and being there for others as a listener.
- What you have been too obsessed with – The Chariot: Victory over injustice
- Why this needs to fall away – Justice: The Law will have to take care of the rest of it now
- What letting go will make room for – Knight of Cups: More passion and creativity
- Why this is a good thing – Strength: My compassion and confidence levels with rise
- Do less of this to raise your mojo/magnetism levels – The Fool: Be less in my head. This energy corresponds with Uranus/Air and communication through the ether as well, so less time online fighting windmills…
- Do more of this to raise your mojo/magnetism levels – The Moon: Astral travel, do dream work, develop my intuition.
Interesting to note that a whopping FIVE out of seven cards here are Majors. This is a signal that I really do need a new focus for this Scorpio New Moon. The Scorpio energy itself is showing in the Knight of Cups. The Moon is another Water Element card (Pisces) and resonates well with the Piscean King of Cups as my focus card. I’ll be diving deep into these New Moon energies, it seems!
Access Your Own Power
I want to end with this quote by Chani Nicholas to remind us all of the full potency and potential of this lunation:
The power that is available to us when we allow the truth to surface is unmatched by anything given by the outside world. This new moon is reminding us of the presence of that power. Our access to our own power. The importance of refusing any narrative that would keep us from that power.
Dark Moon Blessings )O(