Raidho – Rune of Taking Action
Where Ansuz deals with thoughts, words and divine communication, Raidho deals with acting on inner guidance and moving forward in the world. If we are connected to our inner divine guidance (Ansuz) we are able to take the right action. This is how we move forward with integrity. To move forward with clarity, in the right direction, we also need a clear vision. This is why I associate this rune with the eyes/ajna chakra as well as with the solar plexus (seat of personal power).
Imagine your driving instructor telling you to give it some more gas when you see this rune. Because this is a rune of movement and travel and travel (leaving our comfort zone) can be risky business, it is also a rune of risk-taking.
Raidho and our natural rhythm
Raidho’s connection with the solar plexus chakra also ties it in with the gut-brain axis. In order to have a healthy gut-brain axis, we need to establish a healthy rhythm in our daily routine. We need to make sure that our digestion functions properly and that we get adequate sleep. It is all about finding the balance between movement and repose. Only then can we be proactive and intuitively make the most of each opportunity.
Stripped back meaning based on the actual word and shape
Let’s take a look at the shape of the Raidho rune. Here we see a point at the top, pointing to the right (the future) and a ‘leg’ stepping out as if to take action.
The Raidho rune (pronounced RIDE-ho) is associated with words for riding, road, raid, and wheel in more than one modern language. In modern Swedish, for instance, this rune shines through in the verb rida which means to ride (also the same etymological root). The Norse name of the rune is reid.
- Polarity: Masculine
- Zodiac correspondences: Jupiter
- Colours: Red, gold, indigo
- Tarot card correspondences: The Chariot
- Archangel correspondences: Archangel Sachiel/Zadkiel
- Chakra correspondences: Solar Plexus and Third Eye
- Health: Digestion, hips, legs, eyes
General: taking action, moving forward, travel. Reversed: being unable to move forward, not acting on inner guidance, a postponed journey.
Love & relationships: initiating sex, power couple, moving to deeper commitment (depending on surrounding runes). Reversed: two people moving in different directions, lack of harmony and a shared vision
Health/wellbeing: active lifestyle, exercise like running and horse riding. Reversed: immobility leads to poor health or vice versa
Business: clarity of vision, making good choices and acting on sound business proposals. Reversed: Someone is throwing a spanner in the works.
Holistic Healing Tips for Raidho
When this rune shows up it’s time to take action. Colour therapy indicated with this rune would be right red.
When Raidho shows up reversed it can mean that now is not a good time to move forward by taking action in the outside world. Rather, it is time to embark on a journey within, making meditation and dreamwork priorities instead. You may need a new perspective before it is possible to move forward.
Raidho could also come up for someone with a sedentary lifestyle as a sign that more movement and activity will improve their well-being.
You can use this rune for safe travel. Imagine where you want to go and draw the Raidho rune over your car three times to get there safely and on time. Use this rune in spells for manifesting travel or passing a driving test.
Chanting RIDE-ho while visualising the colour red can help you feel more energetic before you go for a run or bike ride.
Use Raidho rune together with Sowilu to move up the career ladder.
Meditate with the Raidho rune over your solar plexus chakra for more energy or over your third eye for clarity about what your next step needs to be.
Hold Raidho in your receptive hand and chant the rune name when you want to journey to meet your spirit guides.
- I act on my divine guidance.
- The Universe has my back.
- I am a good and safe driver.
- I joyfully move my body to stay healthy.
- I am ready to move forward with my life (after a breakup, for instance)
- My safety is in God’s hands wherever I go (when travelling)
- I move forward with integrity.
- I journey safely on the inner/astral planes and see clearly what I need to know.
Dear Mother-Father God, Thank you that I am safe to act on my inner guidance. Thank you for your protection when I take the necessary risks to go where my inner guidance is leading me. So be it and so it is!
Raidho and Hyperborean Water Magic
In ancient Hyperborea, the golden Raidho rune was used to bless waterways for safe travel. Individuals used it to bring their own energy back and re-establish their natural rhythm. In the case of the latter, you would draw the rune in either red if you felt drained or indigo if you felt hyperactive.
How to Charge the Water
- Draw the rune over your glass or another glass vessel with the pointer and middle finger on your dominant hand.
- Chant the name of the rune three times.
- Visualise the rune glimmering in the colour of your choice as you chant (see colour correspondences above)
- Visualise the light from the rune charging every molecule in the water until the light expands beyond the glass. When the light has formed an aura around the glass that you can either see or feel with your hands, it is ready to drink/use.
Click HERE to read about my name change.