Archangel Camael is nowhere near as famous as Archangel Michael or Gabriel, yet he is one of the seven planetary Archangels and ruler of the Planet Mars, as well as Tuesdays. He is the Warrior Archangel and one of the seven Angels of Creation. Personally, I believe the church didn’t want us to know much about him because of his awesome ability to empower us. He is also known as Samael and corresponds with the 5th Sephira on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.
The corresponding Element is Fire and the chakra is Manipura, the solar plexus chakra. In yoga, Warrior pose is used to strengthen this chakra.
The herbs and spices connected with this angel are red rose, rowan tree, chili pepper, nettle, black pepper, radish, thistle, thyme, belladonna, cardamom and wild rose.
Work with Archangel Camael on a Tuesday or when the Moon is New/Full in Aries (Tarot The Emperor) or Scorpio (Tarot Death). Mars is the ruler of Scorpio in traditional astrology and was only replaced by Pluto in the 1900’s. Use a red candle for candle magick where the assistance of Archangel Camael is needed. You may or may not wish to use blood in your spells, and while this is not something commonly associated with Angel Magick, it is a perfect fit for workings where Camael is invoked.
Our passion, sexuality, aggression, courage, competitiveness and even blood lust are all associated with this Angel who is not for the more fluffy of bunnies. Working with him can help us release massive amounts of stuck/repressed energy, which is essentially what happens when the The Tower (Mars/Camael) is struck and our world comes crumbling down around us.
So what can we do to avoid those nasty and traumatic Tower experiences? Well, not much once events have been set firmly in motion. But we can always learn and make sure we build on a solid foundation when we start over… So grab your pack of Tarot cards and settle down with a cup of extra spicy chai for a dialogue with this fierce Archangel!
ARCHANGEL CAMAEL TAROT SPREAD POSITIONAL MEANINGS
1. Mars – Your life force energy right now
2. Rowan Tree – Something you can do to protect yourself and/or your interests
3. The Tower – What is being built on a poor foundation (shows what needs to be brought into alignment with Higher Will)
4. The Red Rose – What Archangel Camael wants you to know about the expression of your sexuality
5. The Scorpion’s Tail – What Archangel Camael wants you to know about how you express anger
Sample Reading with the Thelema Tarot
- Your life force energy is represented by Temperance (Jupiter/Archangel Sachiel). This is pretty cool because you are able to remain balanced and optimistic whatever challenges you are facing. Rock on!
- You might benefit from talking to a business advisor (King of Pentacles) or at least taking better care of your own finances, to make sure you have enough left over for a rainy day.
- The Ace of Swords (Element of Air) shows me that you need to scrap at least one of those brilliant new ideas you had recently. It would only take you down the garden path and yet another Tower experience.
- A blockage of sexual energy is shown here with the 5 of Wands (Saturn in Leo). It’s probably nothing serious, so take care of it instead of walking around all irritable!
- Get it out of your head! 9 of Swords (Mars in Gemini). And no, I don’t mean go and beat someone up (event though you probable feel like it, looking at the 5 of Wands above) but write it down… Get in black on what so that you understand what it is you are dealing with here… because only then are you free to release it.
If you would like to learn more about Angelic Tarot and how to harness the power of the Angels through readings, healing and magick, why not buy the 6 Week Angelic Tarot eCourse (part of my eCourse bundle)? You may also want to read 10 Signs That You Are Called to Practise Angelic Tarot and 7 Reasons to Learn Angelic Tarot.