Are you curious about why you are here and how you can make the most of your life? Keep reading if you answered ‘Yes,’ because the Tarot can help with this in the same way that Numerology and Astrology can. The Tarot is not just for future projection or problem-solving. It can be used as a map for living in harmony with our life purpose and resolving any karma.
Most people who come for a Tarot reading come with questions about an acute specific issue or problem. There is nothing wrong with that but it seems a shame to limit the Tarot to untying simple knots that we could solve ourselves after a bit of meditation or a contemplative walk/jog. I also believe that as we begin to resolve life’s bigger questions, we automatically stop sweating the little things.
To get an energetic sense of the spread and questions I have created for this article, think in terms of the Tarot Hanged Man, Death and Temperance.
Below you will find 13 life hack question to ask of the Tarot, along with a simple three card spread that can be used for each of the three questions.
Let’s begin with the Life Hack Tarot spread:
- What/Why – This shows you what you are here to do or why you chose a certain path/set of circumstances before you were born. This is based on the theory that we create the blueprint for each incarnation on the other side, together with our spirit guides. If you would like to learn more about this I recommend Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Dr Michael Newton.
- Karmic lesson – This shows you what must be resolved in order to achieve a higher incarnation (or Nirvana) in the next life.
- Action advice – This is what you can do here and now to begin resolving your karmic lesson. Whereas the first two cards are a one off, this card draw can be repeated as soon as your circumstances and/or inner guidance begin to shift.
13 Life Hack Questions to Ask of the Tarot
- Why did I choose to incarnate with my parents?
- What was the main purpose of my formative years?
- What is the main purpose of my romantic relationships in this incarnation?
- What have I come here to do in terms of life purpose?
- What do I need to know about failing others?
- What do I need to know about supporting others?
- Why do I struggle with letting go? (This highlights the type(s) of attachment you are most prone to and how you create drama for yourself)
- What can I do to achieve my life-long dream of __________?
- What can I do to best prepare for my final breath? (or ‘How can I die without regrets?’)
- What if the only currency I had/needed was happiness?
- Why do I struggle with expressing myself/my truth?
- Why do I struggle with Temperance? (Highlights anything that pulls you of the Middle Path)
- What is the most common reason for me to find myself in the Hanged Man space in this incarnation? (Highlights the thoughts and circumstances that put you in a state of being able to move forward with joy/purpose)
As you can see, I have included a question about death/dying. This is not so that you will get depressed or start feeling morose. On most spiritual paths there is a tradition of meditating on death so that we might live more fully and fulfill our life purpose more effectively. I actually believe that one of the main reasons so many people never live life fully is that they expend tremendous amounts of energy trying to avoid the fact that their bodies and personalities are mortal.
Any questions, please post them in the comments below, along with your own interpretations – I’m happy to help!