Have you been sidetracked from your life purpose? Are your goals and dreams on the back burner? Do you feel as if fate is at cross purposes with your destiny and desire to serve humanity with your gifts for the Highest Good of All?
Knowing your life purpose and fulfilling it is not always the same. Dreams of a brighter future that glimmer tantalisingly by moonlight, often seem pale and unachievable in the harsh light of day. Discerning between fantasy and one’s true calling can be tricky. The Tarot can help!
The Tarot and Oracle spread below uses three different Tarot decks to allow for repetition of significant cards. In addition to three Tarot cards each for Fate/Soul Contract (The Wheel of Fortune), Current Lesson (The Fool) and Action Advice (Strength), there is an Oracle (of your choice) card for the same. The oracle cards will provide spiritual insights and guidance.
If you work with runes, you may also use the simple 3 rune Well of Urd Past/Present/Future draw to gain further insights.
|click to enlarge and print out|
How to do the spread:
1. Shuffle and cut the first Tarot deck. Look through the cards until you find the Wheel of Fortune. The two cards immediately following the Wheel are the Fate theme and challenge. This shows you the fated element of your Life Purpose.
2. Shuffle and cut deck two. Locate The Fool and the two cards after The Fool which make up the Current Lesson theme and challenge. Take a minute to think about how these cards mirror what is happening in your life right now.
3. Repeat the operation with deck number three but this time locate Strength + two more cards for Action Advice. These cards relate both to the fated element and your current life lesson and helps you align with the fated element/your Higher Self in the now.
4. Shuffle and cut the oracle deck and lay out the three spiritual guidance cards at the end of each row. Relate each of the Oracle cards to the preceding Tarot cards and meditate on the guidance provided therein.
5. (optional/advanced) Finally lay out the three runes according to the picture above. Please note that the runes should only be read if/when you have grasped the messages contained in the cards as they may otherwise create confusion.
For this Life Purpose reading I chose to work with the Alchemical Tarot, the Crystal Visions Tarot, the Golden Botticelli Tarot and the Higher Intuitions Oracle. I also pulled three runes.The rune element of this reading constitutes fated elements of past present future. In this case, the future is set in stone. This is because the three runes of the Well of Urd spread are associate with the three Norns (Norse Fates) Urd, Verdandi and Skuld.
Hence, it is important to set a time frame for the reading. I suggest looking no more than six months ahead.
Look out for any cards that repeat themselves or that relate to your own Birth/Personality cards. The more Majors, the more fated things are. Remember, even when events are fated, you still have an element of choice. You have the choice to process and integrate events in a spirit of fear or love and gratitude.
The Oracle advice is the main focus of this reading. See it as a gentle hug from Spirit and know that you are always supported on your Life Path – the oracle cards show you how.
As you probably realise, this is a fairly advanced spread. Don’t despair if you don’t feel ready for it yet and keep studying!