It is the spirit and not the form of law that keeps justice alive.
~ Earl Warren
Let me start this post with a disclaimer: All my professional Tarot reading colleagues have the same clause as I do in their terms & conditions about not doing readings that give out professional medical, financial or legal Tarot guidance. This Tarot spread is not meant to be used as a replacement for professional legal services but rather as an adjunct for a holistic perspective. If you use this spread instead of seeking proper legal counsel you are acting irresponsibly.
This spread is one you can use any time you are considering legal action to get a feel of the energies at play, as well as how to best spend your own energy during the process.
The Scales of Justice Legal Tarot Spread
- Your energy
- The energy of your wrongdoer
- The energy of the issue that connects you
- What you are aware of about their dealings
- What you are unaware of about them
- What they know about you
- What they are unaware of about you
- Karmic aspects you may not be aware of
- Is now a good time to file a claim
- Avoid this for self-care in the process
- Do more of this for self-care in the process
- Spiritual lesson/gain connected with this process (You may wish to use an Oracle card here rather than Tarot)
Who looks stronger, you or your opponent? Is the advice about taking action or gathering more information? Is the spiritual lesson about walking away or standing your ground? What hidden influences are affecting the issue? Your emotional reaction to the entire spread of cards before you is important to take on board. Do these cards inspire confidence or do they make you want to crawl back in bed and pull the cover over your head? Either way, the Tarot card images reflect your true feelings about the situation back at you.
No man suffers injustice without learning, vaguely but surely, what justice is.
~ Isaac Rosenfeld
Love and Blessings,