Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
Love is not something reserved for romantic relationships. A life filled with love is a life filled with the Power of God and this power permeates everything we do. When we have removed blocks to love in every area of our lives we can be divine vessels for God’s love and light and really begin making a difference in the world.
The Tarot, being the mirror of the soul, can help us to not only detect where we have barriers to love but also what the nature of those barriers are so that we can begin removing them.
While we are urged in all spiritual traditions to do the work and to perfect our being, in the Christian belief system, we also get to rely on God’s grace to help transform those areas we struggle with ceaselessly. In my own experience, I have only gotten so far when it comes to for instance intimate relationships (the biggest sore point in my life), and then I have had to throw myself in the arms of Jesus.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
When it comes to gaining clarity for our lives, we can rely on the Tarot… if we also ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate our reading. We need to constantly be mindful of who is interpreting the meaning of the cards – Is it the ego or is the Spirit?
“examine all things; hold fast to what is good”
When people come for a love Tarot reading, they come wanting to know if someone will come into their lives and give them what they need and feel entitled to. It is their ego who craves these kinds of readings, not their soul on a deeper level. The soul wishes to be at peace and to be at peace means to draw on the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding. This peace is beyond the mind’s constant monkey chatter and need to find guarantees for the future.
To have more love in your life, you need to surrender your ego’s neediness, start loving more and accept God’s love in your life. When you do this, the love that shines that through you will help you attract the Right One.
But let’s move on to see how we can use the Tarot to reflect back to us the barriers within that may be blocking love freely:
The Removing Blocks to Love Tarot Spread
1. Point of Pride – This shows you the area in life where you most often fall prey to pride.
“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”
― C.S. Lewis
It is said that pride is what turned angels to demons and humility what has the power to turn demons to angels.
2. Block in the Body – This shows you were potential old trauma has created a barrier to love.
“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…”
― Nicholas Sparks
…You just have to find it first, allow yourself to feel fully and then hand it over to God.
3. Block in the Home – Shows you what must be resolved/forgiven to create a loving and harmonious home environment.
“He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Most of the drama in our lives happens with our nearest and dearest. It is with our loved ones that we get a chance to have our rough edges sanded down if we humble ourselves and let the Holy Spirit guide our behaviour.
4. Block in Relationships – Shows you how your perception of romantic love may be creating blocks to true love to flow.
“The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
― Mother Teresa
We often confuse our longing for the Love of God with romantic love.
5. Block in the Career – Shows you how you may be sabotaging your career by allowing fear rather than love to dictate your choices.
“And there’s also ‘To him that hath shall be given.’ After all, you must have a capacity to receive, or even omnipotence can’t give. Perhaps your own passion temporarily destroys the capacity.”
― C.S. Lewis
…And first we must open up to receive God’s calling. We must be open, surrendered and brave enough to trust God’s guidance over our own passion, and then to continue to trust that God will provide for our needs as we step onto the path of our life’s purpose.
SAMPLE READING WITH THE FRIDEBORG TAROT
- Point of Pride – The Sun. The Sun is the archetype of the self… so yeah, I think of myself an awful lot. I will endeavour to make a shift and think more about others. I had a friend at uni who had a lovely quote he lived by: “Others, Lord, yes others – Let this my motto be!”
- Block in the Body – The Moon. Fear. My childhood was difficult. There was so much fear because of the abandonment and abuse I suffered. This fear is still lodged in my body… I have a couple of chronic conditions due to past trauma. I know now that I am ready to hand all of these blocks over to Jesus, whether physical healing will happen as part of the process or not. Faith over fear is how these blocks will be released with every breath – if not permanently, then moment by moment and by each breath of surrender. The Moon is Water/Pisces and most of the problems I have are related to too much Water, so there is more than one synchronicity at work here. I have also had a lot or problems with my feet and Pisces rules the feet.
- Block in the Home. 3 of Swords. Negative expectations and having a model of the home where people hurt each other from my own childhood. Not always knowing how to be happy enough in myself to create a happy home environment. If I create peace in my heart by daily prayer and worship, I can allow this peace to radiate out into the home.
- Block in Relationships. 7 of Cups. General confusion that I need God’s help with clearing. I often feel I lose a sense of self when I’m partnered. I want my identity to be less and less dependent on who I’m with and more and more dependent on how I align vertically.
- Block in the Career. 9 of Wands. An inability to trust others and because of this a feeling that I have to do it all myself.