The King of Wands (Sagittarius) in Tarot represents a charismatic, visionary, confident, and passionate individual. Here are some traditional interpretations of the card’s meanings:
- Leadership: The King of Wands signifies natural leadership abilities and the courage to take charge of any situation. It suggests that you have the power to inspire and guide others towards success.
- Ambition and determination: This card symbolises a strong drive to achieve your goals. It encourages you to remain focused and determined in order to accomplish your objectives.
- Creativity and innovation: The King of Wands is associated with creative thinking and original ideas. It suggests that you have the ability to think outside the box and bring fresh perspectives to any endeavour.
- Optimism and enthusiasm: This card represents a zest for life, demonstrating that you approach challenges with optimism and enthusiasm. It reminds you to maintain a positive outlook and embrace new opportunities.
- Influence and charisma: The King of Wands indicates that you have a magnetic personality and the ability to captivate others with your charm and charisma. It suggests that you can effectively persuade and influence people to support your endeavours.
Getting to Know the King of Wands
The Kings are the Masters of their respective Element. So the King of Wands, being the Master of the Element of Fire, is the Master of anything his heart desires. His driving force is the desire to express his own unique personality fully and to shine brightly in the world. By doing so, it is inevitable that he inspires others to do the same. The King of Wands is the consummate visionary who easily rallies others around him in support of whatever cause he is on fire for.
“A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.”
~ Ralph Lauren
Weaknesses of the King of Wands
The main weak point of the King of Wands is a lack of attention to detail. However, that is usually not a problem since he is charismatic enough to gather people around him who share his vision and are more than happy to help with the more menial tasks.
Another possible weakness can be arrogance and lack of understanding for those who, unlike him (or her as the card can signify either gender) are not as inclined to pursue success. It is quite amazing to watch how quick people are to forgive him his pride though. Others often wish to be near him just so that some of his boundless drive and optimism will rub off on them.
“Destiny is not a matter of chance, but of choice. Not something to wish for, but to attain.”
~ William Jennings Bryan
Affirmation: “I AM limitless and dwell in the realm of possibilities.”
King of Wands Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you for granting me a vision of limitless possibility. Inspire in me the best possible vision for the Highest Good and the courage to take bold action to manifest that vision. Amen and so it is!
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius – For timing purposes, the first two decans of Sagittarius and the final decan of Scorpio
Element: Fire of Fire
Archangel: Michael, ruler of the Fire Element
Gemstones: Amber, Fire agate
Essential oils: Sage, cinnamon
The King of Wands in Love and Relationships
A natural-born leader, this guy is the Master of the Fire Element. If there is one thing he’s not short on it is confidence. Have you perhaps fallen in love with your mentor or the CEO of the firm where you work? Maybe you are part of his group of rebels and he is in charge of organising the next coup d’état?
How close you get to him may depend on how willing you are to share his vision and support him in achieving his goals.
If you’re looking for a man to inspire you, this is your guy! He will charm the socks off all your relations. His optimism is extremely contagious.
He’s a straight shooter. You won’t need to second-guess him.
He’s adventurous and loves to surprise the one he loves.
His passion and spontaneity make things really sparkle in the bedroom.
And he’s usually quite lucky.
He can be a bit of a clown and sometimes suffers from foot-in-mouth disease.
His spontaneity can go overboard and put himself (his health) and his family at risk (finances).
He doesn’t like to feel tied down and is one of the Courtiers most prone to commitment phobia. He can be quite authoritarian and tends to see the world in black and white.
His best match
The Queen of Swords as a) she appreciates his philosophical side and b) she doesn’t mind getting married far away from her family and friends.
His worst match
The Queen of Pentacles because she a) usually needs to stay where she has put her roots down and b) values a man who knows how to repair the tractor over a man who travels the world and writes self-help books.
Situation, Challenge, Opportunity and Action Advice
Situation: Leadership and visionary ability are at the heart of the matter
Challenge: You may be prone to forgetting about crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s
Opportunity: Your vision may create great progress if you know how to get others on board
Action Advice: Speak with the kind of authority that comes from being single-minded about your vision