All Pages can be seen as children, up to and including the age of tweens. The Page of Cups represents an imaginative, innocent and sometimes escapist young person. However, the Pages are also messages/messengers. As a messenger, this card tends to deliver romantic messages but it can also be a party invite or an offer of an emotionally fulfilling/artistic job. Before we get to know this day-dreamer, let’s take a look at some of the tarot card meanings commonly associated with the Page of Cups.
Positive Tarot Card Meanings for the Page of Cups
- Creativity and Inspiration: The Page of Cups embodies a creative and imaginative spirit, bringing forth fresh and innovative ideas.
- Intuition and Emotional Awareness: This card signifies a strong connection to your intuition and emotions, allowing you to navigate your feelings with clarity.
- Romantic Messages: The Page of Cups can represent the arrival of messages from a new love interest or an ex.
- Playfulness and Emotional Innocence: This card encourages you to embrace your playful side, reminding you to approach life with a sense of wonder and curiosity.
- Artistic Expression: The Page of Cups often symbolises artistic pursuits and the exploration of one’s artistic talents, suggesting that creative endeavours may flourish.
Negative Tarot Card Meanings for the Page of Cups
- Emotional Imbalance: The Page of Cups in reverse may indicate difficulty in managing your emotions, leading to mood swings or irrational behaviour.
- Naivety and Gullibility: Be cautious of being too trusting or easily deceived by others, as the Page of Cups reversed can suggest a tendency to overlook important details.
- Lost in Fantasy: In its reversed position, this card may suggest getting lost in daydreams or unrealistic illusions, potentially causing you to neglect practical matters.
Remember, tarot readings are subjective and the interpretations can vary. It’s always important to trust your own intuition and personal connection to the cards when seeking guidance.
Getting to Know the Page of Cups
It is the power of emotions and imagination that fuel the thoughts of the Page of Cups. Beautiful scenery, a horror story or a classical masterpiece can take the mind of this youngster on a rollercoaster ride because her mind is impressionable and responds quickly to feelings evoked by what goes on in the world around her. The Page of Cups is also the quintessential HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).
“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
~ Albert Einstein
Her dreams are usually vivid and, out of all the Pages, this is the one who has an imaginary friend that hangs around even after she has started school.
Loving and Sensitive
She falls in love very easily from a young age, because she is so connected to the Source of love through her imagination. However, she needs the discipline of the mind/Air, the judgement of Fire and the grounding influence of Earth in order to begin making wise choices in love. Relationships are often the downfall of this person who is not always someone young in years but always someone young at heart.
At times she will seem aloof, with a far-away look on her face. The harsh reality presented through the ‘news’ can be too much for this sensitive soul. In school, she does best under the guiding hand of a teacher who understands the importance of imagination and who encourages creative self-expression.
One day she will make a great parent because she is forever connected to her own inner child through the power of playfulness and imagination.
“Imagination does not become great until human beings, given the courage and the strength, use it to create.”
~ Maria Montessori
Affirmation: “I am the master of my imagination, whether awake or dreaming, and I use it for the Highest Good.”
Page of Cups Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you for the gift of imagination. Help me be a disciplined student of its power to co-create my reality. Amen and so it is!
Correspondences for the Page of Cups
Element: Earth of Water
Archangel: Gabriel, ruler of the Element of Water
Gemstone: Mother of Pearl
Essential oil: Jasmine
Situation, Challenge, Opportunity or Action Advice
Situation: Vulnerability is the focal point of the issue at hand
Challenge: There is a need to stay grounded in reality
Opportunity: Your imagination can lead to great innovations
Action Advice: Allow yourself to dream big