What to expect from Jupiter in Capricorn
Jupiter enters Capricorn on Tuesday next week, 3 December. I’ve been thinking about this quite a lot since we also have the upcoming exact conjunction between Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn in January, 2020, which happens to be on my 50th birthday (PM for where to send the pressies haha!). There is a LOT happening in my own birth sign of Capricorn, in other words.
The feeling I have is that much of what will unfold in 2020 because of these strong Capricorn aspects and transits will play out on the global arena in ways that reshape how we view our existence. Locked positions and political views may begin to crumble when their futility becomes apparent, as may organisations and instutions that have held power for a very long time.
The quality we must all develop in 2020 is a combination of – nay, a perfect blance of – adability and resilience.
In the Minor Arcana, the 2 of Pentacles is the card that corresponds with Jupiter (The Wheel of Fortune) in Capricorn (The Devil). The two of Pentacles is very much a card of adaptibility, as you can see in the image above.
As we strive to create better balance, we keep having to juggle what is going on in our lives, as well as trying to find the better foot to stand on for stability. This constant adaptation can be tiring, so we need to find ways of making it fun; We need to learn to see life as the game or adventure that it is.
Archangel Zadkiel (ruler of Jupiter), chief optimist among the angelic hosts, can help with this. Dialling in his energy brings us mental clarity and a deep sense of purpose as well as joy and excitement about the future – qualities that will be much needed in 2020. The crystal to carry/wear to strengthen the connection with Archangel Zadkiel is lapis lazuli.
The Tarot dice above, titled ‘The Tarot of Less’ by Richard Abbot, have the following to say about Jupiter’s ingress into the abode of Saturn:
Continue to love much, all of of life in fact, and fuel your passions. Do not allow your light to go out or your spirits to be dampened. Much learning is to be done here, so study the things that your natural curiousity leads you to learn. (Page of Wands and Page of Cups)
This is a year of deep soul alchemy and healing. You have the opportunity to become a better balanced human being. Extremist views can naturally be sloughed off since Capricorn won’t allow for delusions to become manifest. (XIV Temperance)
Expect brilliant new ideas to be born as a results of the tests and trials you will overcome in 2020 – Necessity is, after all, the mother of invention. Be patient about implementing these ideas in ways that yield results. Hand the outcome over to the Divine. (Ace of Swords and 7 of Pentacles)
Think back to the last time Jupiter was in Capricorn. What lessons did you learn from 2007-2008? What patterns from that year are now repeating?
Jupiter in Capricorn Tarot Spread
1. Area of life that jupiter in Capricorn will impact the most – The Star: Any humanitarian pursuits. What I strive to do for the Highest Good, as I act on my ideals and core values. Working with groups of people (something I’m hoping to do more of in the year to come).
2. How to maintain the greatest level of adaptibility in this area – King of Swords: Maintain objectivity and keep an open mind. Prioritise mental clarity and ask questions of others if anything is unclear rather than risk muddying the water with assumptions.
3. How to create stability/resilience in this area – The Emperor: Stay organised and work hard. Take responsibility for what I create and don’t be afraid to take on a leadership role.
4. Jupiter in Capricorn Strength – King of Pentacles: I’m not afraid of hard work or serving wherever I’m needed. I’m adaptable like the Virgo King of Pentacles.
5. Jupiter in Capricorn weakness – 6 of Cups: I still look for security and stability through intimate relationships when really, deep down, I know that I have to be my own anchor.
For an indepth lesson on what Jupiter in Capricorn means, check out this video by Adam Elenbaas!