Berkano is the rune of nurturing, the Mother Goddess rune. I affectionately call Berkano ‘the cosmic boob rune.’ This rune covers all aspects of nurturing: nurturing self and others, as well as allowing ourselves to be nurtured, both by the Divine and the people in our lives.
The Anglo-Saxon rune poem for Berkano/Beorc:
“The poplar bears no fruit; yet without seed it brings forth suckers,
for it is generated from its leaves.
Splendid are its branches and gloriously adorned
its lofty crown which reaches to the skies.”
Learn more about holistic rune meanings and correspondences for Berkano HERE.
Berkano Cosmic Boob Tarot Spread
- How I successfully nurture myself
- Which aspect of self needs more nurturing
- The state of my inner child
- My nurturing style – Others
- How to better nurture loved ones
- How I allow the Divine to nurture me
- How to better allow the Divine to nurture me
Berkano Cosmic Boob Tarot Spread – Sample Reading
- How I successfully nurture myself – 4 of Cups (Moon in Cancer). I allow myself to daydream. I have stopped pushing my body and started resting more when I’m tired. I’m in touch with my emotions.
- Which aspect of self needs more nurturing – King of Swords (Fire of Air). More studies that develop my ability to reason logically, set presuppositions aside and stay detached in order to arrive at the truth of any matter. Develop my professional persona.
- The state of my inner child – Knight of Swords (Air of Air). My inner child is actually very keen on the kind of studies suggested above. She is on a quest for the truth right now… She has a ferocious need to create something original, something that propels mankind forward. She cares about humanity and she knows that we can only move forward if we move as one.
- My nurturing style – Others – The Hermit (Virgo). I encourage people around me to contemplate and think more deeply.
- How to better nurture loved ones – Ace of Pentacles (Earth). Food and more hands-on care, in general, can be increased/improved.
- How I allow the Divine to nurture me – The Black Cat (Spirit). I take a feline approach and curl up in the lap of the divine when I feel like it. I don’t have a disciplined approach. I feel well cared for and very much loved.
- How to better allow the Divine to nurture me – Page of Cups (Earth of Water). More spontaneous acts of devotion… Be more like my sister’s cat who constantly seeks out cuddles. Open up to greater levels of trust and a sense of wonder. Every day is a magical gift. The Page of Cups is the proverbial wide-eyed child at Christmas...
Click HERE to read about my name change.