New Moon in Pisces solar eclipse takes place either today (Tuesday, 8 March) or tomorrow (Wednesday, 9 March) depending on where in the world you are. The message from the Angels about this eclipse is very clear: If you only do one thing, make sure it is to forgive everyone who has wronged you, yourself included. So in honour of the event, I created the Grace & Forgiveness Tarot Spread.
Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.
They are asking you to do this because God has great things in store for those of us who are ready to start over with a clean slate at the eclipse. Expect signs, synchronicities and miracles to start happening on a grander scale than before. A deeper (Piscean) understanding of how we all belong to each other is what enables us to start performing miracles of love and compassion.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
The Tarot spread I was guided to create is in the shape of a Y (ypsilon) and I didn’t know exactly why… I thought it could just be a ‘Why not let go and let God?’ as well as someone reaching up with both arms to receive grace and forgiveness. Then I had the idea to research the symbolic meaning of Ypsilon and came across this fascinating article.
The Grace and Forgiveness Tarot Spread
1. Your attitude toward perceived wrongdoing – Shows how soft/yielding/humble or hard/unyielding/self-righteous you are… Perhaps somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. This can serve to show you also how exactly two tangoed to create this mess.
2. Your mental readiness to forgive and let go – We often know that forgiving is the right thing to do. Is your mind aligned with this truth?
3. Your emotional readiness to forgive and let go – An emotional lag is to be expected, even when we have made our minds up. Is this true of you?
4. What is blocking you from letting go – Is it pride? A lack of understanding? Fear? Attachment?
5. What learning you need to retain once you forgive and let go – Forgiving is not about forgetting the underlying events or lessons they bring; it’s about learning to see those events and lessons through the eyes of the heart.
6. How you can empower yourself and replace failed expectations of others with positive action – So you didn’t get what you want from this situation or relationship… It’s time to look at how you can manifest your desires in other, more positive and constructive ways.
7. Something unexpected that letting go of resentment will free up for you – Forgiveness opens your whole life up. Doors and paths you didn’t know existed open up before you… Here’s a hint about one of them…
Time to Let Go
Forgiveness is never something we regret on our when our number is up… but having carried the heavy burdens of bitterness and resentment for even a second longer than necessary is something we will regret with our dying breath.
Is it time you let go? Yes!
If you wish to do this as a ritual on the solar eclipse, you can. And you are free to make it as simple or as elaborate as you choose. Below you will find a few sample rituals, fitting for those on a Christopagan Path. You can adapt them to suit your own Path.
Simple Forgiveness Ritual
Light a black candle symbolising the burden of bitterness and resentment. Say ‘Our Father’ and then light a white candle to symbolise that all is forgiven. Allow the black candle to (safely) burn all the way down – symbolic of complete grace and forgiveness.
Cleansed by Fire Forgiveness Ritual
The core remains the same as above but you need to write down all your grievances, including those times when you offended your own soul. After you have lit the black candle, you burn the list in a fire-proof container. Say ‘Our Father’ and light the white candle.
Cleansed by Water Forgiveness Ritual
Again, the core remains the same but you need a large bowl of spring water. After you have lit the black candle you sprinkle sea salt into the bowl of water, working counter-clockwise while you whisper the names of those you need to forgive. Make three complete circles around the perimeter of the bowl. Then say ‘Our Father’ and light the white candle.
Click HERE to read about my name change.