ETA 14 July 2020: I no longer use Tarot cards or other divinatory tools. Please read my from Tarot to the Truth Testimony.
|Click to enlarge|
This spread is inspired by the film Maleficent and comes with a spoiler alert so please watch the film before you read on and try this spread!
You can use this spread any time you feel victimised and tempted to strike back. It’s OK to feel the pain deeply but it’s always better to forgive than to seek revenge!
‘Give me my Wings!’ Tarot Spread Positional Meanings
1. Young Maleficent – Your flight path before your wings were stolen
2. Stephan – Who or what stole your wings
3. Aurora – What you must nurture and protect to get your wings back
4. Curse Reversal – Who or what you must let go of to get your wings back
5. True Love’s Kiss – A loving action you can take. Just like Maleficent knew with her heart to kiss Aurora, so will you know exactly what the loving action is you must take if you just behold reality with the eyes of your heart. Your mind may not be able to make logical sense of it and you may not see how this will get you your wings back… Simply trust in LOVE.
6. Maleficent Healed – This shows you the strength of your wings once you are ready to move on again and also which flight path you are likely to choose next.
7. Your Ultimate Destination – This shows you where you will end up so change your flight path if you don’t like your ultimate destination!
I would love to hear from you if you try this spread out! Please share on FB, Twitter, Tumblr and G+ if you enjoyed this post!
Looks like a very interesting spread Lisa…..I will try this one for a reading for myself!
Thanks Sharon, hope you enjoy your reading!
Thanks Sasha, so pleased it resonated! 🙂
Amazing!!! Love this! For me that movie was SO meaningful, and now having the tarot speaking with it, magic. Thank you!
Very cool cards, M! I think the Hierophant can definitely relate to material success in the end… especially preceded by the Star – Hang in there!
I worry I'll take up too much space and time with this comment, but I wanted to share my reading because it makes a lot of sense, which to me reinforces the power of the layout you've created. 1. 10 of Pentacles – I was headed for material security and satisfaction. 2. 3 of Pentacles – I seem to have got hung up on some early stage in the process, either too focused on the details or else compromise undercut me. 3. Ace of Swords – truth, honesty, clarity must be nurtured and protected. 4. 7 of Wands – and I must resist the urge to fight and defend myself to others. 5. 4 of Swords – this reinforces the "stop fighting" by suggesting I take a break, maybe step back and look at the big picture. 6. The Star – I always associate this card with hope and sometimes ambition; these will be my strengths. 7. The Hierophant – this one I'm not sure about! Maybe I'll find a mentor or join a society of some kind? I keep hoping to be accepted, so maybe this means I will be!
Thanks, Lisa, for the great spread!