Cancer has dominion over our early years, the home, mothering, nurturing, intuition, and our emotions. It is an energy that likes to keep itself to itself. Unfortunately, the shadow of Cancer can sometimes come out in passive-aggressive ways when dealing with conflict. This is due to innate conflict avoidance tendencies.
The corresponding Major Arcana Tarot card is The Chariot and the corresponding Minors are 2-4 of Cups and the Queen of Cups.
New Moon Ritual Tips
Any form of ritual or celebration of the New Moon in Cancer should take place near a body of water and/or have the Water Element in focus.
For minimalists just sitting by a river and watching the sunset in the West (direction of Element of Water) may be enough.
Those of you working with Angelic energy for the esbats will want to invoke the assistance of Archangel Gabriel, ruler of The Moon/Cancer for any of your spells.
Altars are highly personal and it is more important than what you place on there resonates with you and your beliefs but appropriate items during a Cancer New Moon are seashells, jasmine, white roses, and white lilies, pearls, white candles, and Goddess images or statues.
Cancer carries the energy of the Divine Feminine very strongly, so this New Moon is an excellent time for any self-dedication ceremony you may wish to perform to step onto a Path of service to Her.
It would also be appropriate to detox between now (Litha) and the New Moon – especially if you are considering a self-dedication ceremony.
Below you will find two New Moon in Cancer Tarot spreads. The first one is to help you understand what burdens past lack of nurturing have left you with so that you can release them lovingly now and open up to better ways of nurturing yourself and others, as well as open up to being lovingly cared for by others.
THE NURTURE REBOOT NEW MOON TAROT SPREAD
1. Why I need a nurture reboot – This signifies how past lack of nurturing and the resentment connected with this is being expressed by you.
2. How I nurture others – This shows how you care for others in practical ways.
3. How I nurture myself – This shows how you care for yourself in practical ways.
4. How to improve how I nurture others – Something you can improve on over the next six months in terms of caring better for your loved ones.
5. How to improve how I nurture myself – Something you can improve on over the next six months in order to better care for yourself.
6. How to improve my ability to receive TLC from others – This card shows you how/when/where to open up to receiving loving care and nurturing from those who love you.
THE GODDESS SELF-DEDICATION TAROT SPREAD
1. The nature of my calling – What kind of work she would have me do in order to bring more of the Sacred Feminine to Earth
2. Her blessing as I set out on this Path – What gift she bestows on me as I take my vow to serve Her
3. What I must sacrifice – Something that must now begin to diminish in importance
4. What past gift or talent I can use on this Path – Something I already excel at and that would be useful on this Path of service
5. What future gift or talent I must nurture to succeed on this Path – A hidden talent that can blossom if nurtured and be put to good use on this Path of service
Angel Blessings )O(
…and so much love!