The philosophical Element of Water is reflected in naturally occurring water in Nature. We find water in rain, lakes, the ocean, waterfalls, dew and mist… In the Western Esoteric tradition this Element is associated with emotions and psychic energy. But in the esoteric tradition Water also retains some of they physical properties and can be used for psychic cleansing, consecration and protection as well as giving the body or floorboards a good wash.
As modern esoteric experiments have proven, water very quickly absorbs energy vibrations of a variety of things, such as words and music (see Dr Emoto’s work with water crystals), as well as flowers and crystals (see the work of Dr Bach et al with vibrational essences). I use this principle myself for creating healing Tarot essences, which contain the vibration of the Tarot archetype and can be used to speed up integration of the qualities associated with that archetype.
You can very easily draw on the healing power of Water yourself… Here are seven of my favourite ways:
* Drink water… as pure as possible… and bless it first! There are many ways to boost your water with extra healing energy. You can charge it in the sun for a while or you can tape the healing word you desire to embody on your water jug. When short on time, simply say a prayer or hold your cupped hands around the glass, channelling healing white light into the water. Intent is paramount, as this is how the vibrational signature is created. However, if at all possible you should speak the words out loud as your voice adds to the intent.
* Meditate by a body of water to calm your mind and soothe your spirit. If you are not able to visit a lake or the seaside, there are many meditation tracks that have the sound of rain, waterfall or waves.
* Actively work with the Tarot for healing second/sacral chakra issues such as fear of intimacy. This will engage your psychic ability which is also associated with Water. The second chakra is known as Svadhisthana (sweetness) in Sanskrit. It is only when it functions well that we are able to really feel comfortable in our own skin and enjoy all the sensual pleasures that life can bring us. CLICK HERE to learn more.
* Enjoy a relaxing bath, infused with the healing power of essential oils. To connect even more deeply with the Water Element, try one of the sacral chakra scents: jasmine (for less manipulative relationships), patchouli (increased libido), rose (acceptance of difficult emotions) or orange (brings you out of your shell).
* Simply set the intent to share your feelings, straight from the heart, without judgement or censorship and listen actively when friends and loved ones share their feelings. Call on archangel Gabriel (ruler of the Moon/Water) to help if your communication falters.
* Express your emotions through any artistic medium that appeals to you. It can be extremely healing and cathartic and the best part is that you don not have to be classically trained or great at it because it is not about the final form – it is about the process and the healing it brings.
* Walk barefoot through the grass when it is raining or soak up the dew first thing in the morning through the soles of your feet. Do it mindfully and you will combine earthing with a walking meditation that will leave you truly refreshed and revitalised.
We could all do with drawing on the healing power of Water more than we do. Perhaps you already knew that 55-60% of your body is made up of water and that staying hydrated is vital in order for the body to rid itself of toxins?
~ Lisa Frideborg