The Tarot of Enchanted Dreams by Yasmeen Westwood arrived through the post last week and I’ve spent a couple of days bonding with it before doing the deck interview this time. For instance, I’ve already done a quick flick-through of all the cards on Instagram. In the video, you will also be able to see the lovely large tin that the deck comes in, as well as a glimpse of the nice, thick full-colour companion booklet.
Those of you who feel upset about missing out on this lovely deck which was a small first edition print run will be happy to know that Yasmeen has signed a deal with Schiffer publishing to get the deck mass-produced. This came as no surprise to me – This deck deserves to become a classic.
As I thought about which deck interview spread to use for today’s interview, I realised I wanted to make a new spread, inspired by the dreamy and magickal Pisces Full Moon yesterday, as well as by Yasmeen’s mystical and enchanted Tarot deck:
The Enchanted Deck Interview Spread
Tarot Deck Interview with the Enchanted Tarot
1. Show yourself – The Empress: I’m infused by the essence of the Divine Feminine, a Tarot expression of the Goddess herself. I’m a nurturer and source of creative joy. I am your bridge to messages from Nature that you have yet to awaken to. I’m your comforter when you find yourself in varying states of chaos. I help you see that the chaos is the seedbed for future growth.
2. What is your mission in the world? 10 of Swords: To ease the terror and pain of doubt and fear.
3. What is your most deeply held dream? Queen of Swords: For people to own their balanced power and to stand equally rooted in wisdom and compassion.
4. How can we work together? – 2 of Wands: We can have a really dynamic relationship. Readings with me are likely to lead to the Seeker (you and your clients) taking action.
5. What do you need from me? – 10 of Pentacles: Long-term commitment!
6. How do you inspire hope? – The Lovers: Through intimacy, emotional depth and great communication. I help you discern whenever your path deviates from wisdom and compassion.
7. What is your magick? – 9 of Pentacles: To help you manifest a blessed and comfortable existence on Earth so that you can be a more effective giver. I make you more independent as well because you only need me as a mirror for your inner guidance – no need to turn to an outside source! I also help you pay attention to cycles so that you can get a heads up on nearing completion or when more effort is required. I have many tricks up my sleeve and I will be able to deal with just about any earthly issue you may dream of… and I do it all with artistic flair. It will be easy for you to hear the music in the cards.
You can expect to see a lot more of the Tarot of Enchanted Dreams here on Angelorum in the future!
Sorry, but if you look at Intuitive Pathways on YouTube, you will see that the author of this Tarot deck stole her images from another Tarot deck.
I can’t find any video about this deck on that channel…?
Right, I found the video, Matthew. You really need to fact check before you spread false allegations like this. I have added a public statement at the top of this post.
Please, don’t promote this deck because the person who claims it’s her “original work” (Yasmeen Westwood) stole images from other artists and didn’t even credit them on that tarot deck’s box/book… She’s been called out about it and has been making tons of excuses to excuse her behaviour and to try to save face! She took other people’s work and photoshopped it and then passed it all as if she had done the whole work from scratch… She even stole concepts from other tarot decks… ex: the Thelema tarot deck… So please… if you can remove this review and no longer use “her” deck, so as to no longer help promote her fraudulent deck and so as to not enable that type of fraudulent behaviour, that would be highly appreciated!… Much love <3
Hi there, I have yet to see any evidence. Matthew in the comment before yours says to look on ‘Intuitive Pathways’ on YouTube… well I just did, and I can’t find a video on there about this deck. Without proof, I can’t decide on what course of action to take. Should evidence emerge, I will most likely put that at the top of the review in an ‘edited to add’ note rather than deleting the review so that people can find the truth. However, as I said, without actual evidence…
I have taken part of the ‘evidence.’ Please fact check before you spread false allegations like this. I have added a public statement at the top of this post.
What are your thoughts on the lack of males in the deck, specifically the Kings and Emperor?
I was very taken aback to see that she has omitted them, and only throne-like images have been given.
I’ve been interested in purchasing this deck because the imagery is absolutely amazing, but this lack has really put off.
Hi Julie, I find it doesn’t bother me. If it does bother you, this deck may not be for you. Have you tried asking Yasmeen Westwood what her thoughts on this are?
OK, so I rarely watch motion pictures, and yet, as soon as I saw the Queen of Swords, I immediately thought of Angelie Jolie’s portrayal of the character of “Maleficent.”
I look forward to fully reading and rereading the entire post today.
Lisa, as always, thank you for all you do.
Cool! I LOVE Maleficent. It’s one of the few films I’ve watched more than once and truly enjoyed re-watching 🙂 My pleasure, Robert – Have a great week!