Many years ago, I owned a copy of Robert Place’s Angels Tarot deck. In spite of loving both the artwork and the excellent companion book, for some reason the Angels Tarot and I didn’t click and I ended up trading it for another deck.
I rarely regret a trade but in this case I regretted it deeply. At the beginning of 2012 I started looking for a replacement copy and last week I found one on eBay. Luckily, I won the auction and got a bundle of stuff in addition to the Angels Tarot: the Dolphins and Mermaids Oracle deck by Doreen Virtue, The Book of Answers and another copy of the Original Rider Waite (I love having spares for Tarot Spells!).
Reconnecting with the deck meant re-learning the suit names:
Hearts = Cups (Intuition)
Spades = Swords (Thinking)
Diamonds = Pentacles (Sensing)
Clubs = Wands (Feeling)
The names of the courtiers are traditional Knights, Queens and Kings but the Page has been renamed ‘Lady’
The Knight is said to represent an introverted masculine personality and the King an extroverted masculine personality. The Lady is an introverted female and the Queen is an extroverted female.
Occult savvy is combined with Jungian psychology in the companion book. The book is quite small and only has 115 pages but it holds a wealth of knowledge!
Each Major Arcana card (except Temperance and The Moon) has been renamed after a corresponding Angel:
Adamel = The Fool
Abraxas = The Magician
Gabriel = The High Priestess
Mary = The Empress
Metatron = The Emperor
Raphael = The Hierophant
Theliel = The Lovers
Cherubiel = The Chariot
Michael = Justice
Orifiel = The Hermit
Manu = The Wheel of Fortune
Fortitude = Strength
Uzza = The Hanged Man
Abaddon = Death
Temperance = Temperance
Satan = The Devil
Barakiel = The Tower
Anael = The Star
Moon = The Moon
Uriel = The Sun
Jeremiel = Judgement (traditionally associated with Archangel Gabriel)
Shekinah = The World
Angels Tarot Deck Interview
|Click image to enlarge|
1. Describe yourself in three words or less – Cherubiel: All-seeing (that counts as one word!), eternal wisdom
2. How would your best friend describe you using only three words? – Fortitude: Formidable inner strength
Me: Funny, you used the words from the companion book.
Angels: Yes, we wanted to play it safe. 😉
3. What gift do you bring? – Manu: (Wow! I got the exact same card in this position when interviewing the Angel Tarot Deck!) Yes, the Angels have a special message of good fortune for you by this card appearing again in the same position.
Me: Thank you, Angels!
Angels: Our pleasure 🙂
4. What do you expect in return? – 10 of Diamonds: To open up to abundance and work hard with future generations in mind without getting bogged down in materialistic thinking.
5. How can you help me serve? – 3 of Hearts: We are your friends. Remember to think of us that way and know that our support is available to you 24/7.
6. Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself? – King of Spades: We will always cut straight to the chase and we’re not afraid to come across as blunt. This goes for readings with clients too.
Me: Oh, that’s good to know! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule for this interview!
Did you enjoy this post? Sharing is caring… Share the love on Twitter, StumblUpon, Facebook, G+, tumblr etc… Thanks!
Angel Starlight Blessings