In the Wyld Godde Tarot Temperance card, I wanted to create a sensation of connection to the Elements of Creation. Until we sense that connection for ourselves, we are often out of harmony both within and with the world around us. If you observe the phases of human development, you will see that maturity brings temperance to a person. As we grow older, we learn to appreciate being in a state of harmony and alignment with the All.
Hopefully, we also learn that from that place of alignment, we are able to stay open to all possibilities of creation.
It is this openness to the possibilities that connects Temperance with the visionary space of its Sagittarius correspondence. Sadly, we tend to lose this openness as we grow older. Our minds become rigid and our thoughts are set in strict patterns. As you may know, 95% of our thoughts are subconscious programming.
So Temperance is also a reminder that we need to actively retain the plasticity of the mind in order to be able to continuously align and remain open to possibilities. Its rainbow is a warning against indoctrination and black-and-white thinking.
7 Questions from the Wyld Godde Tarot Temperance Card
- What is your connection with the Element of Fire like?
- What is your connection with the Element of Water like?
- What is your connection with the Element of Air like?
- What is your connection with the Element of Earth like?
- What do you need more of right now?
- What do you need less of?
- What can I do to maintain the plasticity of my mind, visionary ability and divine inspiration?