The 7 Relationship Truths Tarot spread will reveal where you stand with these 7 (not always so) obvious relationship truths. These are fundamental truths that most would agree on but we so easily forget all about in our day-to-day existence…
- Relationships take work (the input equals the output) – shows your current challenge in this relationship and if there are any inequalities that need balancing. We all know that relationships take work but we often forget to ask ourselves what we should be working on. The Tarot will provide you with the road signs you need!
- There is a higher reason for coming together – shows you the spiritual purpose/lesson behind you two being together. This card position could reveal a karmic link. If you remind yourself about the higher purpose for coming together, you may become less likely to sweat the small stuff.
- Making room for change (the only certainty is change) – shows you how you are changing in ways that might be challenging for your partner and how you can support yourself through this process. You are not the same wife your husband married 10 years ago. This is as it should.
- You are responsible for your own happiness – shows how you can liberate yourself from limitations to your own personal happiness or how you are blaming/holding the other person an emotional hostage. Only when you are happy in your own skin can you start swimming in the warm inviting waters of relationship happiness.
- Forgiveness sets you free – shows an area of your life where forgiveness is necessary. Most relationships contain an element of resentment but there is no need to accept this stifling energy just because it is common. You may need to forgive your partner or it could be yourself that you need to set free. The point is that forgiveness makes it possible for you to stop living in the past and start to truly enjoy the journey you are on as a couple.
- Supporting your partner (instead of trying to change them) – shows you how you can be a loving, non-judgmental and supportive influence in your partner’s life. The only person you have the power to change is yourself. Your partner is not the same person you hooked up with 20 years ago. If you want to continue on this journey with them, you need to find a way of giving them room to grow. The card in this position will tell you how.
- Paying it forward – this shows you how you can begin to implement random acts of kindness in your most intimate relationship… without expecting anything back! Remember, ‘Expectations are the termites of relationships.’ And thus we are back where we started with ‘The input equals the output.’ This is true of all relationships until they have run their course. If there is a fundamental inequality in the giving and receiving, it may simply mean that it is time to move on. It could be an indication that one or more of your core needs are not being met.