Tarot affirmations can be much more effective than mere word-based affirmations. This is because Tarot affirmations speak directly to the subconscious mind which is the main driver for manifesting anything. Tarot is able to do this thanks to being a language of symbols and archetypes which is how the subconscious mind processes information. The words of an affirmation based on Tarot symbology effortlessly become the conduit between the conscious and subconscious mind, supercharging any intent you set for manifesting your goals and desires.
So how do you create truly effective Tarot affirmations?
The key to creating powerful Tarot affirmations is to engage with the cards emotionally and to find that imagery that is the exact vibrational match for the experience you wish to have.
Here is the step-by-step process that I use and that I know works:
9 Steps to Creating Powerful Tarot Affirmations
- Spend some time in meditation with the goal you wish to achieve and tune into how you feel at the receiving end of having achieved your goal. Amp the feeling up to the max before even looking at the cards.
- Pick a deck with bright, colourful images that have a strong visual impact. It should be a total feel-good deck!
- Choose the card that is the best vibrational match with the feeling of having achieved your goal.
- Formulate the affirmation in the present tense, as if what you desire has already come true, expressing gratitude that it is so. ‘I am so happy and grateful that ____________ (fill in the blank.’ Be as specific as possible!
- Look at your chosen card while stating the affirmation out loud ten times or more. Your words are powerful and carry the vibration of your desire into the Universe.
- Place your card (and plenty of copies of it) where you can see it. A favourite of mine is to keep it as the screensaver on my phone. To people who aren’t familiar with the Tarot, this will just seem like artwork but your subconscious mind will keep receiving the message. This is a smoother process than having your affirmation written out and plastered everywhere for people to scrutinise and perhaps question. You really don’t want the doubt or negative energy of other people anywhere near your affirmations!
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, spend some time in meditation with your chosen card and repeat the affirmation out loud at least three times. Do this again last thing at night before falling asleep.
- Resolve to take at least one action to move you toward your chosen goal every single day. Keep a journal for this purpose and set the goal for the day ahead the night before so that your subconscious mind can come up with solutions in dreamtime.
- Write down all the evidence you see around you that the Universe is conspiring to help you achieve your dream in this journal.
🚫 Remember that the only person you can change is you, so don’t create affirmations for other people.
✅ Surrender the ‘how’ to the Universe. You don’t need to know how things will unfold in detail. The more you trust the Universe, the more effortless the process will be. If you feel yourself doubting the process, simply resolve to feel good and trust. Don’t obsess about your end goal, just know it’s a done deal and that this or something even better will manifest for you!
I would love to hear how you go if you decide to try this process. Affirmations can work really quickly if we are alert to the opportunities the Universe provides once we resolve to move in the direction of our dreams.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love 10 Ways to Raise Your Vibration with the Tarot!
Love & Light,
Deck used in image at top of post: Chakra Wisdom Tarot (Amazon affiliate link)