In the Tarot, The Hermit corresponds with the Zodiac sign Virgo. The Hermit is our wise, inner self, capable of reviewing all of life’s lessons and integrating them with what we learn from traditional wisdom sources so that we can keep growing and evolving, as well as disseminate what we have learned to others. So this will be our focus for the Virgo New Moon Tarot Spread.
The New Moon in Virgo
The New Moon in Virgo is a great time for a reboot of all things practical as well as spiritual. Virgo, being an earth sign ruled by Mercury, is associated with practicality, organisation, analysis, and attention to detail. When the New Moon occurs in Virgo, it presents an opportunity for us to set clear intentions related to these qualities.
During this lunar phase, we are also encouraged to dive deep within ourselves. It is a time for introspection, self-reflection, and connecting with our inner wisdom. We can review past experiences, learn from them, and integrate the knowledge gained into our lives. The New Moon in Virgo invites us to draw from our deep wells of inner wisdom for spiritual growth and transformation.
This New Moon highlights the importance of self-care and well-being. It reminds us to prioritise our physical health and overall well-being. We may feel inspired to establish healthy routines and practices that support our mind, body, and spirit. It is a time to pay attention to the small details that contribute to our overall wellness and make necessary adjustments to align with our highest potential.
In essence, the New Moon in Virgo invites us to tap into our inner wisdom, focus on practicality and organisation, and nurture our well-being. It serves as a reminder to take time for introspection, set clear intentions, and align our actions with our highest purpose. Embracing the energy of The Hermit during this lunar phase can guide us in integrating lessons learned and creating a solid foundation for growth and evolution.
The Hermit’s Lantern Virgo New Moon Tarot Spread
Other than The Hermit, there are four Minor Arcana Virgo energy cards in the Tarot deck: The King of Pentacles and the Eight, Nine and Ten of Pentacles. I thought it would be nice to look at which of these five Virgo cards Spirit would have us focus on between now and the next Full Moon:
The Hermit – Spiritual matters, reading, contemplation
King of Pentacles – Work, your self-employment
10 of Pentacles (Mercury in Virgo) – Caring for family, creating a legacy
9 of Pentacles (Venus in Virgo) – Your physical health and wellbeing
8 of Pentacles (Sun in Virgo) – Honing a skill, courses/certifications/CPD
There are two ways of doing The Hermit’s Lantern Tarot Virgo New Moon Tarot Spread…
- Method for using only one deck: Separate out the five Virgo cards and shuffle them well. Randomly pick one for spread position one and put the other four cards back in the deck. Shuffle the remaining 77 cards and place them around the first card, according to the layout above.
- Method for using two decks: Separate out the five Virgo cards from deck number one. Shuffle well and randomly choose one card for the first position of the spread. Put the rest of the cards of that deck to one side, shuffle and cut deck number two as usual and place the cards in positions 2-5. This method allows for repetition, which can be pretty interesting if it does happen.
POSITIONAL MEANINGS for THE HERMIT’s LANTERN TAROT SPREAD
1. Virgo Theme – This shows you what to focus on any time Virgo energy is strong for you. It could involve transits too so hold onto the spread. You may need to use it again!
2. Action Advice – This is the most helpful, practical action you can take right now in order to perfect your Virgo energy in harmony with the card in position number one.
3. Shadow Influence – This is something you are unaware of within yourself but may be projecting onto others. This quality is holding you back from being successful.
4. Recent Past – Something that happened recently and has a bearing on your current situation/challenge.
5. Near Future – This is how things are likely to develop over the next two weeks until the Full Moon in Pisces.
Check out this massive library of FREE Tarot Spreads for personal & spiritual development!