The Virgo New Moon is a chance for us to really get stuck in with the work we are meant to do after the clear-out of the most recent eclipse. The New Moon is a time to set the intent for what you wish to cultivate until the next New Moon in October. The active growth phase is in the two weeks leading up to the Full Moon on 5 October (2018) – this is when you should set things into motion.
“Man flows at once to God when the channel of purity is open.
~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden”
So what are some of the things we could be focusing on with regards to setting the intent for growth and transformation over the next couple of weeks?
7 Ways to Harness the Power of the Virgo New Moon
- Focus on health, gut health in particular – Start a new diet and/or exercise regime. Introduce a new healthy habit, such as daily relaxation or adding sea salt to your bathwater. Virgo rules the intestines and digestion. Ostara and Mabon are good times of the year for a gut detox.
- Remember that the devil is in the details – One of the greatest strengths of Virgo is their ability to pay attention to detail, as well as to make sense of some rather obscure and easily overlooked details. Use this increased ability to your advantage in any business dealings or for study/research.
- Be less critical of self and others – The flip side of the Virgo’s ability to notice the finer detail is a tendency to be rather persnickety and critical of self and others. Just be aware of this side of the energy and you should do just fine.
- Focus on service – Set the intent to find out how you may best be of service. Ask the Universe for guidance and clear signs. Stay open to receiving the signs. The reception portion of this also ties into the ability to pay attention to details.
- Take a time inventory – In order to be of service, we need to make sure we use our time in the best way possible. Take a time inventory in the week ahead to find out how you use your time. How much of your time is spent doing things that light you up and thereby serve the Highest Good for All? How much time are you spending on chores? Virgo is quite happy to recognise that there are things we just need to get on with, out of necessity. How much time are you frittering away on things you know don’t really serve you or anybody else? Adjust your schedule according to your findings.
- Express yourself in writing – Writing is wonderful therapy and something you can use to enhance your healing journey. Virgo, being ruled by Mercury (Planet of Communication), is a natural writer. Writing can help you declutter your life and get more organised as well, something Virgo truly puts a premium on. If you are stuck for ideas, why not try these Tarot Journaling Prompts?
- Simplify and purify your life – Now is a great time to have a clear-out, as well as replace any toxic cleaning or hygiene products with more natural alternatives. Rather than accumulating more things this month, look at how you can either upcycle or recycle items that you already own. Give at least one lot of things away to charity. If any objects you no longer need make you think of a friend or relative, why not gift it to them with a lovely note of appreciation to accompany it. Purity of intent and space makes room for more love in our lives and it is love we need more of in order to be of divine service.
Simplify and purify. What better way to live your life?
Here is a simple Tarot Spread you can do to find out what lesson The Hermit has for you. Shuffle and cut as usual. Look through the cards face up until you locate The Hermit. Extract the Hermit and the four cards right after it. Lay them out like this:
The Reversed Quint Tarot Spread
Essentially this is a variety of the Clarity Tarot Spread which you can read more in-depth about it HERE. The Hermit represents the energy of Virgo that we now wish to harness. Card number one highlights an issue in your personal life that falls under the influence of this Virgo New Moon. Card number two shows you the main challenge with regards to this issue. The third card is the action advice and the fourth card is a Shadow issue that is now surfacing for healing.
The Archangelic ruler of the Virgo New Moon is Archangel Raphael. Light a yellow (communication) or green (healing) candle if you wish to invoke the assistance of Raphael. Crystals to work with are citrine, malachite, yellow calcite and peridot.