Chiron retrograde in Aries started three days ago, on 23 July 2023. It ends on boxing day, 26 December 2023. When Chiron goes retrograde in Aries, it signifies a period of introspection and inner healing related to our sense of self, identity, and personal power. Of course, that’s not all that is happening over the next five months. Other celestial influences may take on greater importance. And how strongly you experience this retrograde depends on whether it touches on important aspects of your natal chart. So look at 19-17 degrees of Aries in your chart.
This retrograde is happening in my 10th House and I am indeed in the process of reevaluating my professional identity. Had I done the work during last year’s Chiron retrograde, I may have been able to avoid a crisis that affected my career. So it’s good to know that I have five months to revisit what I learned during my RTS recovery journey earlier this year.
I actually love the energy of retrogrades in general. This is where all the soul alchemy happens when we pay attention and are willing to do the work. Hopefully, the Chiron Retrograde Tarot spread below will assist with this.
The Wounded Healer
In Greek mythology, Chiron was a centaur known for his wisdom, knowledge, and healing abilities. In astrology, the asteroid Chiron represents the archetype of the wounded healer, symbolising our deepest wounds and the path to healing and transformation.
Chiron’s placement in our birth chart indicates areas of our lives (and past lives) where we may have experienced traumas, insecurities, and emotional wounds. It reveals the aspects of our existence that need healing and offers opportunities for growth and self-discovery.
Chiron is associated with themes of inner healing, self-acceptance, and embracing our authenticity. It invites us to confront and work through our deepest wounds. Doing this work enables the potential for profound spiritual and emotional transformation.
Some astrologers argue that the wounds related to Chiron never heal fully. To me, that sounds a bit like putting limits on consciousness. Stellar consciousness says we can heal anything. But it’s important to understand that healing does not always equate to a cure in the 3D sense of physical healing. We can die healed if we die with peace in our hearts.
Chiron Retrograde in Aries
During Chiron retrograde in Aries, we may experience a deep reevaluation of our wounds and insecurities regarding our assertiveness, independence, and ability to take initiative. It’s an opportunity to address any unresolved issues related to our self-confidence, self-image, and self-identity. (Also, this opportunity is even greater now that we are also in a Venus in Leo Retrograde until 3-4 September.)
So the next few months invite us to reflect on the ways in which we may have been suppressing or ignoring our inner wounds and emotional pain. We get a chance to look at what stopped us from stepping into our personal power and expressing ourselves authentically.
Chiron retrograde in Aries encourages us to confront and work through traumas. This could be things like childhood wounds, and limiting beliefs that have their roots in past lives. It can be a time of healing and remembering who we are. But this remembering requires movement, inward movement as well as stillness.
It’s important to remember that Chiron’s retrograde journey is a gradual process, lasting several months. It offers us the opportunity to delve deep into our inner selves. If we have the courage to do that, we emerge stronger, more self-aware, and ready to step into our power.
Remember Who You Are Tarot Spread
- The Wound: This card represents the core wound or insecurity that Chiron retrograde in Aries is inviting you to explore and heal.
- The Root Cause: This card delves into the origin of your wound. It shows the underlying factors or a past experience that has contributed to your current challenges and insecurities.
- Healing Focus: This card reveals the specific area or aspect of your life that requires your attention during this retrograde. It guides you towards the specific work that needs to be done for your inner healing and personal growth.
- Stepping Into Power: This card represents the steps or actions you can take to reclaim your personal power and assertiveness. It offers guidance on how to overcome limitations and express yourself authentically.
- Embracing Authenticity: This card highlights the aspects of your personality or identity that you may have been suppressing. It encourages you to embrace your true self and explore your unique qualities and talents.
- Healing Guidance: This card provides guidance or a message from the Universe regarding your healing journey during this retrograde. It offers support, inspiration, and encouragement as you navigate the process of inner transformation.
- Forward Movement: This card symbolises the potential outcomes or lessons that await you once you have completed the healing work associated with Chiron retrograde in Aries. It represents the positive shifts and personal growth that you can expect to experience as you embrace your authentic self.
Remember to read the spread in relation to which house Chiron Rx falls for you. You can check your natal chart for free on sites like astro.com.
May we all come out of this retrograde more empowered, self-aware and ready to start 2024 with courage, confidence and charisma!
Check out this massive library of FREE Tarot Spreads for personal & spiritual development!