Did you know that 38% of people here in Britain believe in guardian angels? The number might seem surprisingly high today’s secularised society but many people who never set foot inside a church have experienced some kind of presence in their lives that they cannot explain away.
On the flip side, the popularity of angels has also lead to it being a growing ‘New Age Industry’ and the monetization of angels does not sit well with many people who are becoming increasingly aware of $$$-grabbing self-made ‘gurus’ who are trying to charge for ancient wisdom that used to be freely available to everyone pre patriarchy.
Good news: You don’t need to read books or attend classes to connect with your guardian angel! You just need to go within. It’s all there already. The following 7 Simple Steps may facilitate making the connection…
* Create a clean and inviting space so that you can relax fully. I recommend using incense or an essential oil burner to raise the vibration of the room… Fresh flowers and crystals are also often used to draw in angelic energy as well and while these ‘extras’ are not necessary, they will be pleasing to your guardian angel (and to you!)
* Make sure that you will be undisturbed for 30-60 minutes
* Light a candle with the intent of connecting with your Guardian Angel
* Take a few deep breaths, close your eyes and relaaaax deeply
* Mentally ask your Guardian Angel to make him/herself known (they are genderless beings but can choose to appear as a certain gender)
* In a relaxed state you may sense a gentle tingling, see some colours flash before your third eye and/or even hear and see your angel clearly. The more relaxed you are, the better your chance of getting clear impressions.
* Enter into dialogue with your angel (even if you can’t see your hear them clearly yet) – Ask anything you wish to know, such as your angel’s name… any advice your angel may have for you etc. Close the dialogue with gratitude for your angel’s loving presence in your life and know that you can always return to this sacred space.
You may also like to make a note of your Angelic encounter in your journal.
Don’t be dismayed if you can’t hear or see your angel clearly during your first attempt. It’s free to try again and it may very well take a few trys if you are not used to exercising your intuitive and psychic ‘muscles.’ In the meantime, feel free to give your angel a name you feel fits. Angels care more about the emotional connection and if you feel more connected to your angel after you have given it a name, they are quite happy to keep that name as a sign of their devotion to you.
My own Guardian Angel made himself known to me one afternoon while I was napping, so (contrary to what some would have you believe) they can sometimes pop in uninvited. 😉 As I started drifting off to sleep, I could feel a warm and loving presence hovering above my bed.
I asked its name and was given ‘Jeremiel’ – this was before I even knew who all the Archangels were and I had to Google Jeremiel to find out more! Some people say that Archangels cannot also be Guardian Angels but I know this to not be so, and I know of others too who have Archangels for Guardians.
I have since been given information that the Archangels are like divine messenger nodes in the Matrix and that the energy they project into 3D (which is far too dense for them) is just that – a projection, which allows them to take any form.
Whoever your Guardian Angel turns out to be, please know that there is no job too small or too big for them to help out with, so talk to them frequently!