Whether or not you believe in the power of the cards to tell fortunes or not, Tarot and Oracle cards make wonderful tools for connecting with your own intuitive guidance. You can make this a daily spiritual practice at the start of each new day. This practice will bring you a host of benefits if you do it the right way, i.e. mindfully. Here are a five tips that will enable mindfulness for your daily draw.
1. Create the right ambiance for mindful contemplation by lighting a candle and maybe some incense. Some people prefer silence and others soft meditation music playing in the background to drown out noise pollution. Feel free to experiment.
2. Use your breath to relax your body and clear your mind. Take a minute to allow the breath to ground and centre your energy. Breathe in light and breathe out love until you feel that your energy field is clear and your body relaxed.
3. Set the intention to receive clear guidance for the highest good of all. Ask for this ‘… in Love and Light’ out loud three times to create a strong energetic resonance and attract only pure divine guidance.
4. Keep a journal. It’s worth revisiting any thoughts you popped down in the evening for further insights.
5. Remind yourself often. Place the card where you can see it clearly and be reminded throughout the day.
If you are new to the Tarot but curious about using it for a daily draw I recommend the Angel Tarot Deck or the Archangel Power Tarot by Doreen Virtue as the meanings are written on the cards. If you are really keen to learn the Tarot properly, you can contrast it with a traditional Waite Smith card online if you are not able to invest in more than one deck. You can also find plenty of websites with card meanings online. If you are looking to learn from a book, I recommend The New Tarot Handbook by Rachel Pollack.
As for Oracle decks, there are SO many to choose from. Having a few different ones to choose from is like having access to more than one spiritual teacher… I have listed some of my favourites below:
* The Higher Intuitions Oracle – Wonderfully uplifting and playful guidance from the animal kingdom. The artwork is colourful and the companion book keeps the message for each animal card succinct.
* Daily Guidance from Your Angels Oracle Cards – Gentle angelic guidance. There is a companion book but usually, it is enough to just read the message on the card and allow your own intuitive guidance to do the rest.
* Les Vampires – Ancient Wisdom and Healing Messages from the Children of the Night. When you need more insight during difficult times or you feel ready to face your own Shadow head on.
* Art Through the Eyes of the Soul. Beautiful artwork and great messages in the book. A must for anyone with a fascination for Glastonbury.
* The Halloween Oracle. Not just for Halloween! This is a GREAT deck for deep transformation but beware – it’s probably not for you if you don’t like images of skulls as quite a few the cards have big skulls on them.
* Whispers of Love Oracle. Stunning artwork and very gentle messages to help you live from the heart.
* Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards. Wonderful for understanding lessons relating to each chakra. The stories channelled from the Angelic Realm by Tori Hartman really bring the lessons home
7 Ways Doing a Daily Draw Can Improve Your Life
Once you have the right tools and set the intent for the highest good, you can expect the following 7 benefits from your daily draw:
- Greater alignment with your Life Purpose. Trust synchronicity to guide you on your Path and it WILL happen!
- A sense of peace. You will have a feeling of being looked after by the Universe (which is true because you ARE!) and this will help you relax into your beingness with a greater sense of peace.
- Things will make more sense. The daily draw will help you connect the dots throughout the day, speeding up synchronicity.
- Improved relationships. If you heed the advice given, your relationships will take on another dimension as you become more mindful about your interactions.
- Improved imagination and creativity. As you connect with the card intuitively you will begin using your imagination more and more – especially if you dialogue with the card. Try ‘talking’ to a character in the card, asking them what message they have for your highest good, just for today. Being curious about the colours and symbols used in the cards helps too. You may find that this daily exercise of your intuitive faculties inspires creativity on many levels.
- Objectivity. Striving to understand the card message on a deep level and the greater context of all that is happening in your life will help you to stop taking things personally.
- Increased happiness levels. Because all of the above means that you are honouring your soul’s wisdom, you will begin radiating who you truly are… and deep, deep down we are all pure joy, beauty and love.
I hope you enjoy experimenting with this wonderful way of nourishing your soul.