I think that people who can’t believe in fairies aren’t worth knowing.
Forgive me for posting a bit later than usual but the Faeries have been pulling my hair all day… All they ever want to do is play! 🙂
Perhaps you didn’t know this but the Faeries like to help us with our love lives (they are extremely romantic!), although you need to be aware that they can be prank-playing tricksters and may lead you astray if you do not leave an offering before asking for their help or guidance.
They are not likely to answer questions like ‘When will I meet The One?‘ or ‘Will I get married within the next two years?‘ but they will help us get to the heart of the matter, so that we can free ourselves from any blocks to love.
With this in mind, I created the simple Faery Love Cross Spread:
1. What you are already aware of about your love life
2. What you need to know but haven’t quite figured out yet
3. A passing influence
4. A coming influence
5. Advice from the Faery Oracle
Although it would be ideal to work with a Faery Tarot deck together with a Faery Oracle deck for this reading, it will work quite well with any deck(s) you happen to have to hand. The important thing is to set the intent to connect with the Shining Ones before you lay the cards out. And whatever you do – Do NOT begin your reading before you have left an offering!
Do engage with the Faeries during the reading and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification about individual cards. They will often encourage non-traditional interpretations that hit the nail right on the head. Be in as childlike and playful a spirit and state of mind as possible… And don’t be surprised if you hear the odd ethereal-sounding giggle!
Faery Cross Love Tarot Reading with the Faerie Tarot and Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle
1. 2 of Swords – Being aware that you are in two minds what you actually want from a love relationship
2. 9 of Swords – That there is so much fear to yet uncover, heal and release
3. 3 of Swords – Recent heart ache/break-up
4. 9 of Wands – Learning or re-learning about boundaries. Figuring out what you really desire before you start over
5. Riddle Fisher (reversed) – Not wanting to see the deeper underlying issues. Escaping the truth and trying to push through in a rational fashion when it would be more conducive to connect deeply with your own emotions.
The fairies went from the world, dear,
Because men’s hearts grew cold:
And only the eyes of children see
What is hidden from the old…