Should I date or should I wait? often becomes the big question after you’ve broken up with someone you are still hoping against hope to get back with.
There may be no communication between you at all, yet the hope of having them back lingers. But not having a Miss Havisham fetish, you don’t want to put your life on hold indefinitely and you may miss the social aspects of dating.
First of all, I’d like to point out that there is no right or wrong here. You have to do what is right for you. Some may have moral objections about leading the other person on if you start dating without serious intent. Just be clear about your intent and no harm can be done between two consenting adults!
Once, after a bad breakup, I was fortunate enough to date a guy who wanted to date but as friends. We had tons of fun, doing day trips together and going out at night. No hanky panky. I still consider him one of the few true gentlemen I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
He soon met someone he fell in love with and I eventually got back together with an ex. No harm, no foul even though the rekindled relationship with my ex only lasted as long as it takes the kettle to reboil. This brief friendship dating episode helped me heal and regain my confidence as well as my faith in men and for that, I shall always be grateful.
The Dating or Waiting Tarot Spread
I have created the “Dating or Waiting Tarot Spread” to help you determine what to do in case you’re not sure:
1. Nature of the break-up
2. What you need most right now (can, for instance, indicate a need to focus completely on heart-healing or a need to get back out into the world of the living)
3. How dating would affect you emotionally
4. How it would affect your chances of getting back with your ex
5. Potential outcome (can indicate a new relationship)
6. How waiting would affect you emotionally
7. Your chances of getting back with your ex if you wait
8. What you should focus on if you really want them back
Hope you find this spread helpful and may your wish for relationship happiness come true!
PS. You may also want to check out the Ultimate ‘Will He Come Back?’ Tarot Spread