In today’s post, I share a brand new Tarot Spread for Self-Love. Loving ourselves unconditionally is something that can take a lifetime to master, especially for those of us who started life with strong themes of abuse and abandonment. Our relationship with ourselves is the most important relationship we have in any given incarnation. That’s because our relationship with ourselves colours all our other relationships. If we want to know what level of self-love and self-acceptance we have achieved so far, all we have to do is look at the current state of our relationships.
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
~ Lucille Ball
Five Ways to Cultivate Self-Love
- Practice Mindfulness and Self-awareness: By adopting mindfulness techniques, we become more aware of our thoughts and feelings without judgment. This heightened self-awareness allows us to understand our intrinsic worth and foster self-compassion, regardless of our flaws or past mistakes.
- Set Healthy Boundaries: Learning to say “no” and setting clear boundaries with others is a powerful act of self-respect. It teaches us that our needs and feelings are important, and we do not have to please everyone at the expense of our own well-being.
- Engage in Positive Self-Talk: Changing the narrative in our heads from one of self-criticism to one of encouragement and support can have profound effects on our self-esteem. Practice speaking to yourself with kindness, empathy, and patience, like you would to a beloved friend.
- Cultivate Self-Compassion: Extend the same compassion you would offer to a loved one to yourself. When faced with personal failings or setbacks, respond with understanding and warmth instead of harsh self-judgment. This promotes emotional healing and unconditional self-love.
- Nourish Your Body and Soul: Take care of your body through regular exercise, healthy eating, and adequate rest. Similarly, nourish your soul with activities that bring you joy and fulfilment. Treating yourself with care is a testament to your self-worth and an essential part of loving yourself unconditionally.
The Self-Love Tarot Spread
Card 1: Current State of Self-Love
Reflects on your current feelings towards yourself. It may highlight areas where you are succeeding or need improvement regarding self-compassion and self-acceptance.
Card 2: Self-Awareness Challenge
Explores the obstacles to achieving mindful self-awareness. This card can reveal a blindspot to recognising your intrinsic worth.
Card 3: Personal Boundaries
Looks into how well you are setting and respecting your boundaries. It can shed light on whether you are honouring your own needs or if you are putting others’ desires before your own well-being.
Card 4: Self-Talk Influences
Highlights the current narrative in your mind and how it affects your self-esteem.
Card 5: Self-Compassion Insights
Assesses how you treat yourself during challenging times or setbacks.
Card 6: Nourishing Practices
Represents how to best nourish yourself holistically.
Use this Self-Love Tarot Spread to meditate on each aspect of self-love as it pertains to you. The cards may reveal insights that can guide you on a path to a more loving and harmonious relationship with yourself.
Sample Reading with the Goddess of Love Tarot
Card 1: Current State of Self-Love — 6 of Wands
The 6 of Wands suggests that in your current state, you feel a sense of achievement and recognition for your personal growth. There’s a feeling of pride and confidence in who you are and what you’ve accomplished. This card is an indication that you’re on the right track with self-love and should continue to nurture and celebrate your successes.
Card 2: Self-Awareness Challenge — Ace of Pentacles
The Ace of Pentacles indicates new opportunities for material and physical well-being. However, as a challenge card, it suggests that there might be difficulties in recognising the potential for building self-worth from within. The challenge here is to ground yourself and find ways to feel more connected to your intrinsic value, aside from external successes and tangible achievements.
Card 3: Personal Boundaries — 10 of Cups
The 10 of Cups embodies emotional fulfillment and family happiness. In the context of personal boundaries, it may suggest that your sense of personal boundaries is strongly linked to the harmony and relationships you have with others. You may find it challenging to set boundaries that might disrupt emotional connections, but it’s important to acknowledge that healthy boundaries are key to maintaining loving and respectful relationships.
Card 4: Self-Talk Influences — King of Cups
The King (Crone) of Cups is a master of emotions and diplomacy. This card’s presence suggests that your self-talk is likely compassionate, controlled, and nurturing. You may have the ability to empathise with yourself and offer wisdom in times of turmoil. Ensure this self-talk continues to guide you with a kind and gentle narrative.
Card 5: Self-Compassion Insights — The Chariot
The Chariot speaks of determination and the will to move forward. This card suggests that your self-compassion needs to be connected with your sense of direction and purpose. Be gentle with yourself when faced with obstacles and use your drive to overcome challenges rather than judging yourself harshly. It’s a reminder to balance self-discipline with self-nurturance.
Card 6: Nourishing Practices — Judgment
Judgment symbolises reflection, rebirth, and realising the call to a higher purpose. When considering how to nourish yourself, this card encourages you to release past grievances and embrace a new phase of your life where self-care is a priority. Reflect on what practices make you feel renewed and incorporate them into your daily rhythm.
Use these cards as a guide to deepen your self-love practice and consider the insights they provide as you continue on your journey to a more fulfilling and loving relationship with yourself.
Check out this massive library with 300+ FREE Tarot Spreads for personal & spiritual development!