Happy Birthday, dear one!
Today is your day and a what a happy day! On this day, X years ago, you arrived – a gift to your parents, grandparents and other family members. I hope they appreciated the gift you are… but if they didn’t, please don’t let the past dictate the future. Those who come from a broken home and have had to suffer abuse in childhood often grow up to become some of the most beautiful and resilient souls.
Your being is a reflection of the Divine and everything you brought to this planet in terms of talents and aptitudes is a gift from God. Happiness lies in knowing the truth of this. Joyful too is the person who knows how to put these gifts to good use to make the hearts of others glad.
“The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
In the West, because we have taken an overly individualistic view of happiness, we often mistakenly confuse happiness with pleasing ourselves. Growing in grace and maturing into our humanity, we come to understand that true joy is found in what we can give to others.
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.”
― Rabindranath Tagore
That is why, on this happy day, I want to wave my Fairy Godmother wand and grant you wisdom to see how you can be (a) present to others in the year ahead, as well as what blessings and challenges are coming your way.
The Happy Day Birthday Tarot Spread – Positional Meanings
- How you can be (a) present to everyone around you this year
- A challenge to tackle
- A blessing bestowed
- A passing influence – something (situation/issue/life lesson) or someone that made a major impact in the preceding year but is now leaving
- What’s coming into your life – something or someone that will have an impact to your growth in the year ahead
- Do less of this in the year ahead
- Do more of this to be truly happy
Sample Reading with the Frideborg Tarot
I wanted to share my own Birthday reading because it is a great example of ‘negative’ cards in positive spread positions and vice versa…
- How to be (a) present – 5 of Pentacles: Being transparent about my hardships. Learning to ask for help. Trusting that help will come. This trust inspires trust in others facing similar challenges.
- A challenge to tackle – 8 of Wands: Slow down for better focus and goal setting. Use your time more effectively so as to not dissipate your energy.
- A blessing bestowed – 5 of Swords: The ability to detach in times of conflict.
- A passing influence – The Chariot: Feeling the need to be ultra-disciplined and harsh with yourself
- What’s coming into your life – Ace of Pentacles: The seeds of abundance (nurture them well!)
- Do less of this in the year ahead – 3 of Swords: Focus less on past and present hurts and grievances. You are as whole as you perceive yourself.
- Do more of this to be truly happy – 4 of Pentacles: Start saving up for your retirement. You actually do have a future (difficult for trauma survivors to believe) and the ability to leave a long, healthy and happy life.
May you be blessed with all the good things in life this year, may those of your wishes that align with the Highest Good come true and may the good Lord shine his face upon you!