This year, the Cancer New Moon falls on a Monday, ruled by the Moon. Luna is also the ruler of the Zodiac Sign Cancer. Hence, this is a bit of a special day for women everywhere. So we can celebrate the Cancer New Moon by honouring womanhood, motherhood and the divine feminine in general.
5 Things to Know About the Cancer New Moon
- Emotional Intensity: The New Moon in Cancer amplifies our emotions and brings a heightened sense of intuition. It’s a powerful time for introspection and emotional healing.
- Nurturing Energy: Cancer is associated with motherhood and nurturing. This New Moon encourages us to prioritize self-care and nurture ourselves and our loved ones.
- Home and Family Focus: Cancer is the sign of home and family. During this New Moon, it’s a good time to focus on creating a harmonious and supportive environment within our homes and connecting with our family members.
- Setting Intentions: The New Moon is a potent time for setting intentions and planting seeds for the future. Use this time to reflect on your goals related to emotional well-being, home life, and relationships.
- Divine Feminine Energy: Cancer is ruled by the Moon, which represents the divine feminine energy in astrology. The New Moon in Cancer invites us to honor and celebrate the divine feminine qualities within ourselves and in the world.
Remember to embrace the gentle and nurturing energy of this New Moon to create positive shifts in your life.
13 Ways to Celebrate the New Moon in Cancer
- Wear white
- Spend some time in meditation while holding a piece of selenite
- Spend some mindful time with your mother/children
- Heal any female health conditions through energy healing/magick
- Honour one of your female elders (it can be someone who has passed over)
- Create a Moon Goddess altar (decorate it with a statue of the Goddess, silver candles, Jasmine, white roses, pearls and seashells)
- Meditate with the High Priestess (Moon) and/or Chariot (Cancer) Tarot cards
- Create a simple Tarot Spell to set the intent for the New Moon
- Use jasmine essential oil
- Spend some time by a body of water
- Connect with the Water Fae (undines, mermaids, star dolphins and nymphs) in meditation
- Start drinking more water and bless the water you drink
- Connect with Archangel Gabriel, ruler of the Moon