Rosewood is a highly prized, fragrant type of wood often found in furniture. The sweet, floral yet woodsy scent lingers for years after the tree has been cut down. Brazilian rosewood which is the species used in furniture-making is now apparently classed as endangered. I have read wildly differing accounts on whether Aniba rosaeodora, the type distilled from Rosewood to make essential oil is also classed as endangered or not. I can only hope that the oil I have and love to use has been responsibly sourced and will try to investigate further (now that I know!) to make sure this is the case.
Magically, I feel Rosewood oil corresponds with Venus/Archangel Anael. It has a general balancing, soothing and uplifting effect and can completely alleviate mild depression. It is also one of the oils that blends really well with skin care bases and can be used to clear up the skin from acne, as well as help with scar healing.
Rosewood is one of the gentlest oils and there are, as far as I know, no contradictions for the use of this oil. It can be used neat on the skin but test first for skin sensitivity and use only a drop. If you know that you have sensitive skin, it is always best to blend with a carrier oil such as almond oil. Rosewood essential oil is safe to use during the final two trimesters of pregnancy. I would advice against using any essential oils neat on the skin during pregnancy though, just to be extra safe.
7 Uses of Rosewood Oil for Health and Beauty
- Makes an excellent deodorant, mixed with a bit of coconut oil
- Cures skin dryness, improves acne and psoriasis. Mix with your favourite base product or carrier oil
- A Rosewood oil massage is deeply relaxing and if you feel a bit down this is the gentle healer you want
- It helps against nausea – use in a diffuser or inhale directly.
- It is an aphrodisiac (which is one of the reasons you find it in Chanel No. 5)
- It can cure headaches
- Improves your sleep
7 Magical Uses for Rosewood Essential Oil
- Great for meditation, instantly helps raise your vibration
- Use in love, attraction and passion spells
- Use in abundance spells
- Use in spells to restore harmony
- Heart chakra healing
- Feminine wisdom spells and initiation rituals (Queening, Croneing)
- For staying balanced and centred during awakening or a spiritual emergency
There are many more uses for this wonderful oil, I’m sure – Perhaps you have some favourite tips or recipes you would like to share with us? Oh, and if you know where it is possible to score some responsibly sourced Rosewood essential oil, please let us know!
With the New Moon in Libra coming up, this might be a good essential oil to consider using in any Libra (ruled by Venus) New Moon spells.