The 10 of Wands (Saturn in Sagittarius) is a Tarot card that can carry both positive and negative meanings depending on the context.
Negative Tarot Card Meanings for the 10 of Wands
- Burden and Overwhelm: The 10 of Wands often symbolizes feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities and burdens. It suggests that you may be taking on too much at once, leading to feelings of exhaustion and struggle.
- Stress and Burnout: This card can indicate high levels of stress and burnout. It suggests that you have been pushing yourself too hard and need to take a step back to avoid physical or emotional exhaustion.
- Lack of Support: The 10 of Wands may imply that you are carrying a heavy load alone, without receiving the necessary help or support from others. It can be a reminder to seek assistance and delegate tasks if possible.
- Limitations and Restrictions: In some cases, this card can represent feeling restricted or limited in your options. You might be burdened by obligations or commitments that are holding you back from pursuing your true passions.
- Struggle and Hardship: The 10 of Wands can signify a period of difficulty and challenge. It suggests obstacles and setbacks that need to be overcome with determination and perseverance.
Positive Tarot Card Meanings for the 10 of Wands
- Accomplishment and Success: On a positive note, the 10 of Wands can indicate that your hard work and perseverance will lead to a sense of accomplishment and success. It suggests that, despite the challenges, you are nearing the end of a challenging journey.
- Responsibility and Leadership: This card can symbolise taking on a position of responsibility and leadership. It suggests that you have the ability to manage and handle a heavy workload and make important decisions.
- Inner Strength: The 10 of Wands highlights your inner strength and resilience. It reminds you that even in difficult times, you have the power to endure and overcome obstacles.
- Completion and Closure: This card can signify the end of a long-term project or phase of your life. It suggests that you are reaching the final stages and can soon rest and reflect on your achievements.
- Transformation: The 10 of Wands can also represent a transformative period where you learn valuable lessons and grow stronger through the challenges you face.
Remember, the meaning of the 10 of Wands can vary widely depending on the context of your reading. It’s important to consider other cards, as well as the question, to gain a complete understanding.
Getting a Feeling for the 10 of Wands
Have you been delegating or have you tried to do everything all by yourself? Do you feel burdened by your many gruelling duties? The 10 of Wands (Saturn in Sagittarius) typically shows up when we feel that we are at the end of our tether. It doesn’t have to be all negative but it means that we still have that final push ahead of us.
It also usually means that we have been trying to do too much by ourselves instead of asking for help. And sure, sometimes life does get on top of us and there simply is nobody around to ask for help. Except for the Divine. We can always turn to God and the Angels for help. And if it gets too much, we can release our burden. We are never meant to carry more than we are capable of.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~ Matthew 11:28-30
In the 10 of Wands space, responsibilities have been piled on top of responsibilities until we reach breaking point. Sometimes this card shows up toward the end of a creative project which may have felt enjoyable to start with but now feels only like a chore and all enthusiasm has gone out of it. The good news is that we can put our burdens down for a while and allow ourselves to be re-enthused.
Learning to receive
The primary lesson that comes with the 10 of Wands is learning to ask for help. The trick is to sidestep the pride of the ego. Learn to not think of asking for help as an imposition on the other person but as offering them the gift of the opportunity to be of service.
A reversal of the 10 of Wands usually indicates that you are coming out the other side after a tough time. It’s time for some R&R. The next Ace of Wands is waiting just around the corner!
Affirmation: “I know when to take a break or ask for help so I can be re-enthused.”
10 of Wands Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you that all those who are weary can lay down their burdens at your feet. Help us remember that you will never decline to renew our strength and inspiration if we but ask. Amen and so it is!
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Archangel: Michael, ruler of the Element of Fire
Gemstones: Black obsidian, azurite
Essential oils: Bergamot, sandalwood, geranium
The 10 of Wands in Love and Relationships
You or your partner may be feeling burdened or even oppressed. For too long now you have been pushing your own needs to one side to accommodate the needs of your partner or other family members, without receiving enough support in return. And you forgot how to draw on strength from the Divine.
Your life force has no way to go and avoiding a confrontation seems like the only way forward. Perhaps you can avoid a nasty confrontation by being honest and simply stating your needs. However, with the 10 of Wands, the situation most likely arose because one or both of you find it difficult to show vulnerability.
So buckle down and prepare to clear the air. Just remember: better out than in. Perhaps you’ll come out of it stronger together on the other side… or maybe you’ll realise that the relationship is over.
If you survive as a couple on the other side of a 10 of Wands combustion, you really do need to find a way of communicating and making sure that things are fair and everyone’s needs are considered and met. Otherwise, you’ll just start the build-up for the next blow-out.
Single and looking
In a reading for a single person, this could mean that you’ve worn yourself out having a bit too much ‘fun.’ Physical exhaustion could be a sign that you need to slow down on partying, especially with the 7 of Cups or 3 of Cups.
It could also be an indication that you are burdening yourself with unrealistic expectations of a prince charming ideal that doesn’t exist. The Page/Princess of Cups together with the 10 of Wands is an example of this.
Either way, it’s always good to remember to let go and let God when this card shows up. You’ve been pushing just a bit too hard.
Sexually, this card warns you to be very aware of and state your own likes and needs or your energy will get seriously depleted. The 10 of Wands could indicate that the warmth and enthusiasm have gone out of your sexuality and you are either putting on an act or simply staying away from sex.