The 3 of Pentacles is a card of ambition and of teamwork and sometimes the two don’t match up. Let’s look at some of the traditional positive and negative meanings of this card before we dive deeper.
Positive Tarot Card Meanings for the 3 of Pentacles
- Skilled Collaboration: The 3 of Pentacles represents successful teamwork and collaboration. It signifies the ability to work harmoniously with others, combining your skills and talents to achieve shared goals.
- Professional Advancement: This card indicates progress and growth in your career or professional endeavours. It suggests that your dedication and hard work will be recognized, leading to opportunities for advancement and success.
- Skillful Excellence: The 3 of Pentacles signifies mastery and expertise in your chosen field. It represents the recognition and appreciation of your skills and craftsmanship, emphasising the importance of honing your abilities to achieve excellence.
- Valuable Contributions: This card highlights the significance of your unique talents and contributions. It reminds you that you have valuable gifts to offer, and by sharing them with others, you can create something greater than what you could achieve individually.
Negative Tarot Card Meanings for the 3 of Pentacles
- Lack of Cooperation: In some situations, the 3 of Pentacles can indicate a lack of teamwork or collaboration. It suggests that there may be challenges in working effectively with others or difficulty finding common ground.
- Ambition Imbalance: This card warns against being overly ambitious without considering the needs and perspectives of others. It reminds you to strike a balance between personal ambition and working cooperatively as part of a team.
- Underappreciated Efforts: The 3 of Pentacles in a negative context may suggest that your hard work and contributions are going unnoticed or unappreciated. It can be disheartening when your efforts are not recognised or rewarded as you had hoped.
Remember, tarot cards have multiple interpretations, and the meaning of each card can vary depending on the context and individual reading. Trust your intuition and consider the surrounding cards to gain a deeper understanding of the message being conveyed.
Feeling into the Energy of the 3 of Pentacles
Are you excited about your growth, professional development and working together with others in order to make your vision come alive? If not, you need a dose of the good old 3 of Pentacles! The 3 of Pentacles is Mars in Capricorn energy and fiery, driven Mars is exalted in hard-working Capricorn.
The 3 of Pentacles is a card of skilful excellence, advancement, achievement, ambition and teamwork. Teamwork and ambition can sometimes be at odds with each other. There is no ‘I’ in teamwork but two in ambition. This card is asking us to look at both our ambition levels and our ability to be a team player and to find the balance between the two.
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
― Helen Keller
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”
― Phil Jackson
Be a Valuable Team Member
The 3 of Pentacles acknowledges that you have much-needed and completely unique, God-given creative gifts that make you a valuable team member. You are responsible for developing and perfecting these gifts for the Highest Good.
Finding the right people to work together with is part of the journey. These are the people who will be your teammates and cheerleaders but will also hold you accountable. In turn, you do the same for them. This is how the work progresses to much higher heights than if each of you tried to achieve the same outcomes on your own.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
― Larry Bird
Affirmation: “A spirit of teamwork guides me in all I do and supports me in doing my best.”
3 of Pentacles Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you for my calling and the gifts that come with it. Help me develop these gifts in a spirit of teamwork and to rejoice in the knowledge that my unique skills are useful for the Highest Good. Amen and so it is!
Correspondences for the 3 of Pentacles
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Archangel: Uriel, ruler of the Element of Earth
Gemstones: Snowflake obsidian, garnet and jet
Essential oils: Sandalwood, patchouli and benzoin
The 3 of Pentacles in Love and Relationships
Too much work and maybe not enough play is definitely something the 3 of Pentacles can represent in a reading. As a couple, you project a picture of success (and you probably look attractive too!). Stuff like that is important to both of you. But how much fun are you having?
All relationships go through phases. This is a phase when one or both of you is likely to focus more on your career. You could be involved in a taxing project. Or you could be feeling as if your spouse is married to their job/career rather than to you.
Reversed or ill-dignified, the 3 of Pentacles can signify that someone is trying to take advantage of you sexually and/or financially.