The Moon is exalted in the sign of Taurus so the Astrological 6 of Pentacles correspondence for this card says a lot about its inherent potential. However, all cards contain the full spectrum of meanings from light to dark. Before we dive deep into the energy of the 6 of Pentacles (aka Disks or Coins), let’s take a look at some of the common meanings attributed to this card.
Positive Tarot Card Meanings for the 6 of Pentacles
- Generosity and Charity: The 6 of Pentacles represents a compassionate and giving nature, where you have the ability to share your resources with others who are in need.
- Fairness and Balance: This card signifies fairness in both giving and receiving. It encourages you to maintain a harmonious balance between your material wealth and supporting others.
- Prosperity and Abundance: The 6 of Pentacles symbolises financial stability and prosperity. It suggests that you will have enough resources to meet your needs and potentially help others as well.
- Gratitude and Appreciation: This card reminds you to appreciate the abundance you have in your life and be grateful for the opportunities to give and receive support.
- Social Responsibility: You are encouraged to take responsibility for the well-being of your community or the world at large. Your actions can make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Negative Tarot Card Meanings for the 6 of Pentacles
- Imbalance in Giving or Receiving: The 6 of Pentacles in a negative context may indicate an imbalance in your giving and receiving. It suggests that you may be giving too much of yourself without receiving enough in return, or vice versa.
- Greed or Selfishness: This card can sometimes indicate an excessive focus on material possessions or a selfish attitude. It warns against the negative consequences of hoarding wealth without considering the needs of others.
- Financial Instability: In some cases, the 6 of Pentacles may signify financial instability or experiencing difficulties in managing your resources effectively. It serves as a reminder to reevaluate your financial situation and make necessary adjustments.
Remember that tarot cards can have different interpretations depending on the context and surrounding cards in a reading. Trust your intuition when interpreting the cards’ meanings.
Feeling into the Energy of the 6 of Pentacles
The 6 of Pentacles is where we learn about generosity. Is it generous to give that which we do not really need? Is it generous to give with a sense of resentment in our hearts? Does telling others about our charitable acts and donation reflect giving the way God gives?
Social media is full of posts where people brag about their donations. If we receive acclaim for our philanthropy, karmic law says we have already received our reward for doing good. Next time, keep it secret and notice the difference in your heart.
“For it is in giving that we receive.”
― St. Francis of Assisi
Because generosity requires an acute ability to sense the energetic flow of give and take in order to adjust so that it resonates with Higher Will, it is also a lesson of boundaries as much as surrender – especially if we are prone to giving because we easily get ‘guilted’ into doing so or simply have not yet learned that ‘No’ is a complete sentence.
This card asks of you, ‘Are you a giver or a taker?’ Take your time. Think not only of other people but also of Mother Nature. Be honest. Reflect on how miserliness and generosity affect your happiness levels. Think about what the world could be like if every one of us were a cheerful giver.
Affirmation: “I give with a glad heart and receive gracefully.”
6 of Pentacles Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you for helping me be aware of the flow of giving and receiving. Help me receive gracefully and gratefully, and to give with a glad heart. Amen and so it is!
Correspondences for the 6 of Pentacles
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Archangel: Archangel Uriel, ruler of the Element of Earth
Crystals: Malachite, Green aventurine
Essential oils: Ylang-ylang, cedarwood
The 6 of Pentacles in Love and Relationship Readings
To someone already in a relationship, this card means that you and your partner are getting along very well. You are generous toward each other and want what’s best for the other person. Use this happy time and the strength of the current state of affairs to lay solid foundations for the future. If you, as a couple, are thinking about starting a family business, this card is a solid ‘yes’ from the Universe.
Reversed or ill-dignified, this card could mean that someone is taking advantage of you. A prenup could be a good idea if you still feel the need to walk them down the aisle.
On a more intimate note, since this card corresponds to the Moon in Taurus (where the Moon is exalted), you have a very good chance to bond emotionally (Moon) through physical intimacy (Taurus/Fixed Earth) under the auspice of this card. These are the best cards for sensual pleasures. It is also a fertile card, especially next to for instance The Empress and/or the Ace of Cups, 10 of Cups, or the Ace of Wands.
Single and Looking
To a single person, this card could indicate getting involved in charity work and possibly meeting someone new through that work. Or it could indicate that they are looking for someone well-to-do so that they don’t have to worry about finances. Next to The Devil, it could signify a gold digger.
Click HERE to read about my name change.