Like all Pages, the Page of Wands relates directly to children as well as the childlike quality of playfulness. And like all Pages, this card also relates to messages that we send and receive. Usually, the presence of the Page of Wands represents good news. But let’s take a look at some possible negative as well as positive meanings of this card before we connect more deeply with the energy of this Page.
Positive Tarot Card meanings for the Page of Wands
- Playfulness and Fun: The Page of Wands embodies a carefree and playful spirit. This card signifies a time of spontaneous joy and lightheartedness.
- Passion and Enthusiasm: The Page of Wands brings a surge of excitement and enthusiasm. It represents a newfound passion or creative inspiration entering your life. Follow your heart with a fiery determination.
- Opportunity and Adventure: The Page of Wands signifies the arrival of new opportunities and ventures. It encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and explore uncharted territories.
Negative Tarot Card meanings for the Page of Wands
- Impulsiveness and Restlessness: The Page of Wands can sometimes indicate a lack of patience and impulsiveness. It warns against making rash decisions or acting without considering the consequences.
- Recklessness and Lack of Focus: This card can represent a tendency to jump from one thing to another without fully committing. It is important to establish focus and prioritise your goals to avoid scattering your energy.
- Inexperience and Naivety: The Page of Wands can symbolise a lack of experience or wisdom. It suggests a need for growth and learning before fully embracing the opportunities that arise. T
Remember, the interpretation of tarot cards can vary depending on the context of the reading and the surrounding cards. Trust your intuition and use these meanings as guideposts along your tarot journey.
Getting to Know the Page of Wands
The Page of Wands needs no other reason for living than FUN! She brings a sense of pure exuberance and a catlike ability to enjoy the sunny side of life wherever she goes and no matter where the sun may be hiding. She is fully embodied and integrated with her spirit/vital life force and she completely enjoys being in her physical body. Nobody knows better than the Page of Wands how much pleasure physicality can bring us.
Saints have no moderation, nor do poets, just exuberance.
~ Anne Sexton
The Page of Wands can be reckless but she means no harm. Her childlike ability to amuse and be amused is contagious.
She is the New Soul who is excited about life on Earth, or the Old Soul that has re-membered to appreciate the gift of physicality. In fact, all Old Souls could do with taking a leaf out of the book on this Page: It is almost ridiculous how much fun we can have on this planet if we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
This Page represents a principle that breaks up stale and stagnant energy. Her energy can be almost like a mini volcanic eruption (that mix of Earth and Fire). She can represent the very medicine we need if rigid thoughts and behaviour have filtered down to the physical level in the form of blockages that disrupt our chi flow.
Make Fun Part of the Journey!
Just because we’re here on a mission doesn’t mean we can’t have a jolly good time. Whatever we are here to do can only get better with fun and laughter! The Page of Wands has a challenge for those of us who tend to take everything oh! so seriously…
Place yourself in front of a mirror and ponder your most serious and pressing problem. Repeat to yourself out loud: “This is very serious.” See how long you can do this before you start cracking up. You will quickly realise that nothing is worth getting your panties in a twist over. So smooth that furrowed brow and work on your laughter lines instead!
There is deep magick in honouring your desires and your own quest for happiness in this lifetime. This Page has the direct line to putting enough mojo into any magickal working because she totally owns and acts on her desires without hesitation. This is Kundalini erupting without worry about the consequences and yes, it sometimes ends in disaster… but isn’t that how we learn?
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
~ Sheilah Graham
Affirmation: “My passion for life regenerates every cell in my body.”
Page of Wands Prayer
Dear Mother-Father God, thank you for flesh and bone and the joys of the body in this incarnation. Help me rejoice in the pleasure of constantly re-creating myself with an ever-renewed passion for life. Amen and so it is!
Correspondences for the Page of Wands
Element: Earth of Fire
Archangel: Michael (ruler of the Element of Fire)
Gemstone: Golden Beryl, Leopardskin Jasper and Red Tiger’s Eye
Essential oils: Cinnamon and myrrh
The Page of Wands as a Message/Messenger in Love
While Pages are often seen as children or young people in readings, they can also appear as messages/messengers. The Page of Wands is a straightforward and passionate messenger. His messages will be brief, often appearing out of the blue but always as an invitation for some fun.
The Page of Wands as Situation, Challenge, Opportunity or Action Advice
Situation: Playfulness is at the centre of this situation
Challenge: You may need to think before you act – this Page can be accident-prone!
Opportunity: A greater passion for life/your life purpose is about to present itself
Action Advice: Seize the day and do more of what you love
Click HERE to read about my name change.