It’s all too easy to think of Mercury Rx periods in terms of a long list of things to avoid but the truth is that Mercury Rx isn’t all bad. Those of us who don’t mind doing a bit of soul-searching can often find great benefit from the mind slowing down and more easily going within. Today we are taking a closer look at how to make the most of Mercury Retrograde in Leo.
When Mercury is retrograde in Leo, we are provided with an excellent opportunity to dive deep into our hearts with our minds to find out if there are any repressed desires that need to be healed/expressed. We may also find that situations present themselves where we have to dig deeply to find courage.
Mercury Retrograde in Leo Tarot Spread
- What am I reconnecting with during the Mercury Rx in Leo?
- What must I put on the back-burner until after the retrograde?
- What do I need to re-think?
- What do I need to re-do?
- How can I best tie up any loose ends?
- What is the truth of my heart that is seeking to be expressed now?
- How can I courageously express this truth?
- Overall spiritual guidance for the Mercury in Leo Rx period 26 July – 19 August. (Choose an oracle card for this position)
Mercury Retrograde in Leo – Sample Tarot Reading
- What am I reconnecting with? 8 of Cups. A desire to leave negativity behind and take higher ground.
- What must I put on the back-burner now? 5 of Wands. Competing and struggling my way through creative blocks. This is Saturn in Leo so it tells me that this Mercury Rx might slow me down creatively. I need to be OK with that. Let go and go with the flow.
- What do I need to re-think? 4 of Swords. My meditation practice could do with an overhaul and I probably need to rest more. This fits will with the previous card. More space to empty myself and allow Source to recharge me naturally.
- What do I need to re-do? 10 of Pentacles. This relates to finances and future financial stability.
- How can I best tie up any loose ends? The Wheel of Fortune. Basically, if I just flow with this retrograde period, fate will handle it for me. Nifty!
- What is the truth of my heart? Page of Wands. I desire to be filled with a youthful sense of lust for life once more.
- How can I courageously express this truth? 3 of Wands. I must find my kindred spirits. Once I find my kin, there will also naturally be less of the 5 of Wands present in my relationships.
- Overall spiritual guidance… The Blue Lady from the Oracle of the Dragonfae. This message is all about not limiting myself to please others or try to fit in. I have to believe in myself enough to trail-blaze and create a community for kindred spirits where there is none at present.
I would love to hear how you get on with this spread in the comments below if you decide to give this spread a whirl!
Tarot deck used: Thelema Tarot