The New Moon in Sagittarius falls on Tuesday 26, November, at 15:05 GMT (UK time). I find that this is a great time toward the end of the year to start thinking about my vision for the year to come. The reason for this is that Sagittarius is both a sign of visionary ability and of optimism. This is a time to pull that arrow back and take aim…
In the Tarot, the corresponding Major Arcana card is Temperance, a card of soul alchemy. This is a good reminder to not rush our vision but to make sure that we are aligned with Source and that our minds and heart are moving in the same direction. The Dark Moon days leading up to the first sliver of the New Moon showing in the sky are great for going within to find that balance so that our full visionary ability can come to the fore.
7 Ways to Harness the Power of the 2019 New Moon in Sagittarius
- Check where 4 degrees of Sagittarius falls in your Natal Chart (astro.com is a great free resource for this). For instance, in my chart it falls in the sixth house of work, service and health so this is a great New Moon for new beginnings in either of those areas.
- Do some form of divination or dream incubation to get the answers you seek – Your intuitive powers will be heightened thanks to trine between Mercury in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces.
- Increase your hip flexbility with some stretches or a yoga hip opening session. The hips correspond with Saggie energy. Increased hip flexibility is linked to greater levels of optimism and faith in life in general. Do some belly dancing (figure eights are great for hip flexibility)!
- Sow some visionary seeds. Set an achievable long-term goal for 2020 and create a vision board for it. Dream as big or as small as you like! Remember, there is no judgement on smaller dreams that bring you great happiness.
- Study something new and broaden your horizons. Sagittarius rules higher learning, especially regarding philosophy, religion and legal studies.
- Travel somewhere you have never been before. It doesn’t have to be far but it needs to provide you with new vistas.
- Set the intent to embrace your full potential and break free from past (self-)limiting behaviours.
New Moon Message from Spirit
For this reading, we are working with the Modern Witch Tarot (CLICK HERE for my review, deck interview & video unboxing). I have also used a 22-sided die for a spiritual theme for this lunation.
So if we start with the Spirit message we got from the Major Arcana die, we have 17, The Star, and the corresponding angel is the Angel of Grace. This is a time to drop all masks so that we can become more fully who we are. It is through accepting ourselves, warts and all, and not being afraid to show our true selves, that we are able to make a contribution that is for the Highest Good in the world.
When we release any fear that we won’t be accepted unless we wear a mask, we can pour Divine grace straight from Source out into the world. We are each perfectly made, with all our imperfections and that is just as it should be. It is often through our imperfections and weaknesses that we make the most heartfelt and lasting connections with other human beings. When we accept ourselves, we often find it much easier to release judgements of others as well, freeing up much energy that can be put to better use for the Highest Good.
These cards speak of bringing things to a close before we are ready to move forward. In other words, really do use this waning moon week to do the inner work and bring yourself into balance and take stock of your year so far. I recommend downloading the 2019 Tarot Year Review (FREE PDF) if you haven’t done so already.
You may feel disappointed with yourself as well as low on both energy and motivation right now. This could be because your expectations of 2020 have not been quite realistic and/or you have strived for perfection instead of being happy with doing your best.
Relax. You did do your best. And remember, you are not able to see all the fruits of your hard work at this point in time. Much is yet to come and any recognition or rewards may not come until next year… but they will come!
Waning Moon Blessings,