Every night, when I go to sleep, I die. Every morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Dagaz is the rune of the Eternal Light which is at the core of everything and without which nothing would exist. It is a rune of enlightenment and awakening to our true spiritual nature. The shape of the rune is that of a stylised lemniscate.
Dagaz is like the light of dawn when light first breaks through the darkness of night – symbolic of the light of understanding breaking through the thick black cloud of ignorance and forgetting that we are all under with regards to our true nature and final destination.
In our world, this Light is concealed most of the time but every now and again, it breaks through the dense fog of ‘reality’ – When it does, it inevitably leads to miracles, epiphanies and awakenings.
The Anglo-Saxon rune poem for Dagaz:
Day, the glorious light of the Creator, is sent by the Lord;
it is beloved of men, a source of hope and happiness to rich and poor,
and of service to all.
Learn more about holistic rune meanings and correspondences for Dagaz HERE.
Dagaz Light Eternal Rune Tarot Spread
- How the Light is reflected through me – Talents/Gifts of the Spirit
- Where I need to go deeper to clear the path for the Light – What area of my life is partially shaded by the separate self
- What I must surrender to make way for the Light
- My foundation of Light – What I have created that I can keep building on
- How I hide my light – The thing(s) I do so I won’t have to reflect the Light
- How my Light is shared – Impact in the world around me
- Where the Light is guiding me next – Next steps on my spiritual journey
- A Divine whisper – This continues the message in position 7.
Dagaz Light Eternal Rune Tarot Spread – Sample Reading
- How the Light is reflected through me – Through the love I give in my close relationships/friendships. (3 of Cups)
- Where I need to go deeper to clear the path for the Light – I’m a Tower process already and I’m not done tumbling all the way down to the bottom… (The Tower)
- What I must surrender to make way for the Light – My intuitive gifts.
- My foundation of Light – All my online work which is an honest account of my spiritual journey. (8 of Swords)
- How I hide my light – As a Highly Sensitive Person, I hide my soul away and do not seek out community life the way I ought to because I’ feel a need to protect myself. (Queen of Cups)
- How my Light is shared – It’s shared online, where it ignites the spark of intellectual curiousity. (The Magus)
- Where the Light is guiding me next – It’s guiding me to complete the process of soul alchemy and to step up to the plate as someone who shares their light wide and far. (Temperance)
- A Divine whisper – Spending more time in meditation will be necessary. (4 of Swords)