Today I’m sharing a Tarot spread for the upcoming Full Moon in Virgo. Mercury is the planetary ruler of the Zodiac signs Virgo and Gemini. The domain Mercury presides over is that of the intellect and communication, though when it is retrograde more of its psychopomp attributes come to the fore.
The Tarot spread I have created for the Full Moon in Virgo puts the emphasis on your mental state but it does so in a way that helps you problem-solve, unblock yourself and release your full potential to be of service because that is what the Full Moon in Virgo highlights for us as individuals.
Sample Reading with the Norse Tarot
1. Your mental state (Mercury) – Prince of Discs: Stuck in a rut but fairly stable.
2. Self-judgement or criticism / How you think you need to be/do better (Virgo) – Ace of Cups: Berating yourself for not being more compassionate in general and with self. Beating yourself up for beating yourself up. (This is very old stuff with my South Node in Virgo and North Node in Pisces.)
3. Mercy (Sun in Pisces) – How to be kinder to yourself – 6 of Swords: Solve one problem at the time. You can’t save others if you can’t help yourself. Focus on problem resolution which you are actually really good at.
4. A dream vision for the future (Sun in Pisces) – 4 of Swords: Peaceful and harmonious relationships.
5. An area where you have already excelled that acts as the foundation for your vision – 8 of Swords: You are literally everywhere on social media and you have a big following there. Use it wisely to achieve more peace and harmony.
6. This will cease to be useful on the waning moon – Princess of Cups: Being oversensitive and/or reactive.
7. This is where it is most useful for you to focus your thoughts now – The Fool: Innovation, freedom, working with big groups of people, or your social media following (especially when Mercury goes direct in Aquarius the day after the Full Moon)
Ha! I see. Makes a lot of sense. Thank you!!!!
Thank you for this! Very insightful. I got the following cards
1. The Magician,
2. Queen of Pentacles reversed.
3. Page of Pentacles reversed
4. Queen of wands
5. The Moon
My 6th Card was also TheFool!
Thanks for sharing, Lola. Would you like to share your interpretation as well? Blessings
1. My mental state is a bit overstimulated right now, juggling a lot mentally- school, work, life, spirituality, so much. Hence, the magician
2. Beating myself up for not managing funds well, not spending enough time with family
3. I need to relax and just take a break, do nothing. Take time to be less serious or “focused”
4. To be happy and in charge and fill my world with magic
5. Not sure how The Moon card fits in…
6. I copied your interpretation word for word
Hi Lola, Thanks for sharing. I don’t know if you noticed but you missed a card out – This is a 7-card spread… I’m happy to help with The Moon but I need to know which out of the SEVEN positions it is in first. 🙂
OMG so I’ll do it again I actually pulled 7 cards, good thing I took notes!
1. Mental state: The Magician my mental state is overstimulated rn
2. Self judgment: Queen of Pentacles reversed beating myself up for not managing funds well, not spending enough time with family
3. Mercy: Page of Pentacles reversed: relax, do nothing, take time out to play sometimes
4: Dream/vision for the future : Queen of Wands: Happy and in charge, filling my world with magic.
5. Area where I have already excelled : The Moon…
6. This will cease to be useful: Ace of Pentacles – I think this has to do with thinking and worrying about how to make more money
7: Where it’s most useful to focus my thoughts: The Fool!
Great! Right, so the Moon as an area where you have already excelled could be about a few different things… but the things that spring to mind is overcoming some of your fears and having tuned into a more intuitive way of navigating your problems.