The Moon is full in the Zodiac sign of Aquarius at 11:42 AM BST and it is the second full moon in July, making it a ‘Blue Moon.’ Since 2012 we have had a few Blue Moons but this is the last until 2018, so let’s make the most of it!
To fully harness the power of a Blue Moon happening with so many planets currently retrograde, the main focus lies on spiritual transformation and even initiation. Also, both with the Blue Moon and the Aquariuan energy being concerned with the bigger picture and the Highest Good, we do well to use this lunar energy for manifesting BIG goals that will have a global impact.
Here are 7 practical ways to harness and work with the very powerful energy of today’s Aquarius Blue Moon:
1. Take a moment to reflect on the past few years and the thoughts and events that shaped your path. If you work with angelic energy, Archangel Jeremiel is the angel to call on for help with understanding when doing a review of past events and choices. Are you happy where you are and confident that you are heading in the right direction? Write down your thoughts and the answers to these questions.
2. Seek spiritual guidance. Many of us could do with a tweak or two, once we have realised the sum total of our past choices. Now is a great time to do a life purpose reading, with a focus on how you can best serve humanity. For those who like to call on angelic guidance during readings, Archangel Uriel is the one to ask for assistance with this. Uriel is the ruler of Uranus and the angel of Aquarius. He can help ignite the flame of passion about our life purpose and give us the confidence we need to take the next step into the unknown, just like The Fool, the Major Arcana card corresponding to Uranus.
3. Express yourself! The combination of Sun in Leo and Moon in Aquarius is an auspicious time to leave convention behind in favour of unique self-expression. Be bold and dare to be different. A style make-over to match who you truly feel yourself to be deep down will energise you and help you move forward on your path with confidence.
This is a most excellent time to totally re-invent yourself!
4. Free yourself from emotional bondage. With Venus being retrograde since the 25 of June, the romantic focus has shifted to lingering, unresolved matters of the heart over the past few days. Thoughts of ex lovers could be tugging at the old heart-strings and bad romances could be begging for a second chance. Now is a good time for full and crystal clear awareness of the choices you have to make in order to manifest the kind of love that you deserve.
Ask Archangel Michael to cut the cords to the past if you know deep down that reboiling the kettle would be a very bad idea. Ask Archangel Raphael to help with heart healing and Archangel Jeremiel to help you move forward with only the wisdom of the lesson and none of the pain associated with it.
5. Up the ante of your spiritual practice. Commit to a daily prayer and meditation practice. Choose a new area of spiritual study. Now is as good a time as any and the extra oomph added by this Blue Moon might even make it possible to stick with it this time. Don’t make a resolution – make a proclamation:
“I walk my talk!”
Make it your goal to maintain a peaceful mind for the Highest Good of all and include all of mankind in your daily good intentions and prayers. Pencil it in. Your soul is worth it and Anima Mundi thanks you.
6. Put the world to rights. Gather some friends for an inspirational soiré. Share your ideas about Utopia. Bond over world peace. Suggest revolutionary solutions to old problems. Start a fund-raiser together. Inspire and be inspired.
7. Focus on friendship, both in real life and online. Online friends may come in focus more than usual this Full Moon as Aquarius is the WWW Zodiac sign numero uno. But no matter where your friends are, the focus is on being the kind of friend you would want to have in your life. So reach out! Don’t wait for others to come to you. Believe in your ability to touch and change people’s lives for the better by small acts of kindness.
Crystals to work with this Blue Moon:
Amethyst – Wisdom and understanding, transmutation of negativity (Archangel Jeremiel)
Clear Quartz – Clarity, inspiration, general healing and amplification of divine messages (Archangel Uriel)
Citrine – Personal power, optimism, emotional freedom (Archangel Michael)
Aquamarine – Harmony and friendship (Archangel Raguel)
Green aventurine – Self-acceptance (Archangel Raphael)
Mini Blue Moon Ritual:
Light a white candle, anointed with *Rosemary essential oil (Archangel Uriel), and invoke a blessing for yourself…
I step boldly on my path and claim my spiritual destiny, which I choose and co-create with Source and my spiritual helpers. I ask for clarity and peace of mind, as well as for resolve to stay faithful in my practice, knowing that it makes a difference in the world.
Thank you, God (or your preferred name for Higher Power), for blessing me with the power of this lunation. Help me harness the energy of it fully for the Highest Good of All.
So mote it be!
Sit for a few minutes and soak it in. Write down any messages or thoughts that come to/through you… Feel free to share!
*Do not use if you suffer from epilepsy as it is known to trigger seizures. Substitute with sandalwood, frankincense or virgin olive oil.