The Capricorn New Moon. Capricorn is ruled by stern Saturn, Father of Time and imposer of limitations. Not the cheeriest New Moon in the calendar perhaps, but extremely useful. The motto of Capricorn is ‘I use.’
This extra powerful Cappie Moon is joined by the Sun (of course) and also by Mercury who is doing a backward dance during its retrograde phase, into the latter degrees of Capricorn (9 January 2016). Slow-moving Pluto is also currently in Capricorn and will be there for a long time yet. A Capricorn transformation junkie such as myself couldn’t ask for a better lunation.
So how can we squeeze the juice out of this New Moon? In short: by getting really serious about what we wish to create longer term and laying firm foundations for the same.
- Set new long-term goals. Capricorn energy is great for setting long-term goals and the energy of this New Moon is great for extra oomph a
- Re-think old goals. Take responsibility for anything that didn’t go quite to plan and adjust accordingly. Perfect now that Mercury is retrograde in Capricorn.
- Make a schedule… and stick to it! The Capricorn Moon is the ideal time to make a schedule for the rest of the month, dotting each week with short-term goals that help you build up toward your long-term goal(s). Tick the tasks off as you go and don’t forget to reward yourself. You’re not meant to suffer through the month ahead.
- Cast a love spell for committed love. Venus is conjunct Capricorn’s ruler Saturn during this lunation, so expect a bit of push-and-pull in your relationship dynamic over this lunar cycle. Venus wants fun, sensual pleasures and flirtation; Saturn wants responsibility, rules and commitment. Saturn has all the Aces this month though, so Venus will most likely find herself tamed 🙂
- Cast a money spell. However this won’t be a ‘windfall’ type money spell – with Cappie energy, you have to be prepared to work hard for it!
- Cast a health spell. Bones, teeth, skin and knees fall under the auspice of Capricorn.
- Take part in a New Moon Ritual or make your own ritual if you are a solitary celebrant.
The main angel to work with for this New Moon is Archangel Cassiel, ruler of Saturn. The following correspondences apply:
Tarot card: The World (Saturn)
Crystals: Garnet, black tourmaline, snowflake obsidian, hematite, brown jasper
Essential oils: Patchouli, cypress, rosemary
Candle colours: Black, grey, dark brown
New Moon Prayer to Archangel Cassiel:
Thank you, Archangel Cassiel, for helping me see clearly how I can be of use in the world this year. I pray that you help me create a tenable schedule for the rest of this lunar cycle. I ask for the grace of personal discipline, accountability and responsibility. I pray that I will be successful in all my endeavours and that what I bring to the world will be for the Highest Good of All. So mote it be! (You may wish to extend this prayer to anyone else who is part of your prayer circle)