Today I want to show you a tarot spread that you can use to explore a past life connection with a lover/partner.
This nine card spread can be used for lovers but also for anyone you sense you have a past life connection with. It will help you understand the deeper underlying currents of your relationship as well as give you an understanding of the karmic lesson at hand.
The Past Life Connection spread was created during a brainstorming session with the students in my local tarot study group. The five cards to the left examine a key past life or the most recent past life you shared with the other person. The four cards on the right examine the current situation/karmic lesson.
1. Nature of Past Life Connection: This card gives you clues about the nature of your connection in a key or most recent past life.
2. Spiritual Lesson: This card indicates what the spiritual lesson for this past life was.
3. You: This card gives you clues about who you were and/or how you related to the other person.
4. The Other Person: This card gives you clues about who the other person was and/or how they related to you.
5. How You Did: This card indicates how you did in terms of learning the spiritual lesson of this past life.
6. Current Incarnation Spiritual Lesson: This card represents the spiritual lesson you and the other person have come together to learn in this incarnation.
7. You: How you are currently doing in this incarnation. This card describes your needs, fears, desires etc
8. The Other Person: How the other person is currently doing in this incarnation. This card describes their needs, fears, desires etc
9. Advice: What you can do to progress and bring harmony to the relationship.
1. Nature of Past Life Connection: The Magician – You shared an intellectual connection, perhaps student/teacher and the subject matter would have been some form of healing science.
2. Spiritual Lesson: 6 of Disks (wellbeing) – You came together to explore physical wellbeing from a higher perspective, probably the mind-body connection reading the Magician and the 6 of Disks together.
3. You: Princess of Wands – The Princesses/Pages are students, so the other person might have been your superior. You would have been eager but a bit careless and probably not as respectful as you ought to have been.
4. The Other Person: 10 of Cups (Mars in Pisces) – She was a successful healer and empath.
5. How You Did: 8 of Swords – Self-limiting thoughts got in the way of any real progress. There is a feeling of living in a nation at war. Perhaps your life was cut short.
6. Current Incarnation Spiritual Lesson: The Hierophant – Transmission of spiritual wisdom.
7. You: 7 of Wands – You are standing up for your beliefs.
8. The Other Person: The Tower – Third chakra issues are very much a theme for this person right now.
9. Advice: The Hermit – You need to go within for answers. You won’t get away with blagging it in this incarnation!
A whopping 3 out of 4 cards in the second group of cards are Majors. The lessons may be tough but you will be able to clear a lot of karma and perhaps even wipe the slate clean.