Do you sometimes sense the presence of Angels but are not sure how to begin communicating with them? Today, we are going to look at four easy ways to talk to angels with the Tarot. The Tarot and Angels are quite literally a match made in Heaven. When the Tarot is used the way intended, it can help us embody our Higher/Angelic Self. The Angels are more than happy to guide us on that journey.
4 Easy Ways to Talk to Angels with the Tarot
The most important thing to note about Angel Communication is that Angels reach us through the heart, not the intellect. That is why relaxing the Monkey Mind (the mind of the ego-personality) so that we can tune into the ‘still small voice within’ becomes so important.
1. Incubate an Angelic Tarot Dream
For someone who is not used to psychic communication, it is always easiest to make the first connection in your dreams. Tarot cards speak directly to the psyche/soul which is the part of your that is awake when your rational mind is sleeping. Thus they can act as portals for communication with other realms during our Dreamtime.
Steps to Incubating an Angelic Tarot Dream
- Choose a card that you wish to understand the meaning of. It could be your card of the day or a card from a Tarot reading. Alternatively, the card could represent something you wish to manifest and you are seeking guidance on how.
- At the top of the page in your Angel Journal, write down your question for the Angels.
- Spend a couple of minutes studying the imagery and meditating with the card in bed, right before you fall asleep.
- Place the card under your pillow or on your bedside table.
- When you wake up, lie quietly in bed with your eyes shut to optimise dream recall. As soon as you are able to recall your dream, write it down. It doesn’t have to make sense immediately.
- Thank your Angels.
2. Ask for a Message from Your Guardian Angel
Perhaps the most obvious way to receive a message from your Angels is to ask your Guardian Angel a question and then pull a Tarot card. However, this demands a willingness to listen to that answer objectively. If you are new to reading for yourself, this may be difficult. Even for more advanced readers, reading for oneself is difficult if there is an attachment to the outcome.
There is an easy way to fix this dilemma and that is to ask a very open question, such as ‘What do I need to know about the day ahead?’ or ‘Please tell me how to bring about a reconciliation between me and X.’
Avoid closed questions that typically render a yes/no type answer. Write both your question and your answer down in your Angel or Dream Journal.
Steps to Receiving a Tarot Message from Your Angels
- Centre yourself and create sacred space. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Taking a few deep breaths, lighting a candle and gazing at the flame for a minute can often be enough.
- Call on your Guardian Angel or the specific Angel you are seeking guidance from. It is not necessary to know the individual names of the Angels. For instance, if your question is about friendship, you can call on the Angel of Friendships. State your question clearly and out loud, and write it down in your Angel Journal.
- Close your eyes and meditate quietly for a few minutes, focusing on your breath. You may receive a message this way before you even pull a card.
- Now it is time to shuffle your deck and choose a card. It is entirely up to you if you pull the card from the top or if you prefer to fan your cards.
- Turn the card over and start writing down the answer that comes to you. Do not censor yourself but trust that the guidance that is flowing through you is from the Angelic Realm
- Give thanks to the Angels.
3. Interpret a Sign from Your Angels with the Tarot
The final way to begin talking to your Angels with the Tarot is probably my favourite. It’s a dialogue with symbols. First, you receive a sign from the Angels. It is something that stands out enough to not pass as merely a coincidence. The sign itself has symbolic value. Sometimes it is as simple as a feather and at other times it can be complex. For instance, you could spot three eagles up close on the same day and not ever have seen one before. You can bet there is a message there for you from the Angelic Realm!
So how do we interpret a sign from the Angelic Realm with the Tarot? I’m so glad you asked! I created a Tarot spread for this, called the Power Symbol Tarot Spread.
4. Angel Tarot Spreads
There may be times when you wish to connect with a specific Angel. Perhaps you do not have any specific questions for that Angel but just wish to learn what guidance they have for you. It is natural to turn to the Angel or Archangel(s) you feel the most affinity with for this purpose. However, sometimes you may wish for guidance regarding a particular Archangel’s area of expertise. Either way, the Angel Tarot spreads listed below may turn out to be useful for this type of Angel Communication.
- Get to Know Your Guardian Angel Tarot Spread
- An Angelic Tarot Mandala Spread for the Day Ahead
- The Angelic Week Ahead Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Raphael Tarot Spread for Mental Focus
- Archangel Raphael Tarot Healing Spread
- Archangel Raphael Healing Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Michael Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Gabriel Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Uriel Tarot Spread
- Archangel Sachiel Life Purpose Tarot Spread
- Archangel Jophiel Tarot Spread
- Archangel Anael Love Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Jeremiel Tarot Spread
- Archangel Cassiel Tarot Spread 1
- Archangel Cassiel Tarot Spread 2
- The Archangel Camael Tarot Spread
- Torquaret Angel of Autumn Tarot Spread
- The Archangel Sandalphon Tarot Spread
- Metatron’s Cube Tarot Spread
Remember, it is always a good idea to create sacred space and to calm/centre your mind before doing an Angel Tarot reading. I highly recommend writing the reading down in your Angel or Tarot journal and ending with giving thanks to the Angel you invoked.
If you enjoyed this post, you will love How to Do Psychic Angel Card Readings!
Click HERE to read about my name change.